Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

HAL.dll Corrupt

Last response: in Windows XP
Share
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 2:13:55 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Hi all,

Quick question about the HAL.dll. We had the DLL go south on a dual boot
XP/XP-Japanese Dell OptiPlex last night. Standard boot from CD/run repair
fixed the issue.

Anyone have any idea what causes this kind of corruption? Anything I can do
to limit the possibility in the future?

More about : hal dll corrupt

Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:01:35 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Steve, anytime I have gotten that error it usually for me has something to
do with the Boot.ini file. For example, if I add or
delete a Primary Partition I have to reflect that in the Boot.ini. or I
will get that Hal.dll corrupt or missing. Since I dual and
multiboot I always have access to the boot.ini. from another OS Linux,
Win2k, etc
"Steve Repp" <srepp@ATIP.ORG> wrote in message
news:BE8BDBE3.202AE%srepp@ATIP.ORG...
> Hi all,
>
> Quick question about the HAL.dll. We had the DLL go south on a dual boot
> XP/XP-Japanese Dell OptiPlex last night. Standard boot from CD/run repair
> fixed the issue.
>
> Anyone have any idea what causes this kind of corruption? Anything I can
> do
> to limit the possibility in the future?
>
Anonymous
April 20, 2005 11:01:36 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Understand. Any idea what would cause the boot.ini file to get corrupted?


On 4/20/05 1:01 PM, in article jGx9e.340$CH.180@news-wrt-01.socal.rr.com,
"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> Steve, anytime I have gotten that error it usually for me has something to
> do with the Boot.ini file. For example, if I add or
> delete a Primary Partition I have to reflect that in the Boot.ini. or I
> will get that Hal.dll corrupt or missing. Since I dual and
> multiboot I always have access to the boot.ini. from another OS Linux,
> Win2k, etc
> "Steve Repp" <srepp@ATIP.ORG> wrote in message
> news:BE8BDBE3.202AE%srepp@ATIP.ORG...
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Quick question about the HAL.dll. We had the DLL go south on a dual boot
>> XP/XP-Japanese Dell OptiPlex last night. Standard boot from CD/run repair
>> fixed the issue.
>>
>> Anyone have any idea what causes this kind of corruption? Anything I can
>> do
>> to limit the possibility in the future?
>>
>
>
Anonymous
April 21, 2005 1:50:15 AM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?)

Steve, in my situation it was a difference between what boot.ini was
saying and the hardware abstraction layer was seeing.
Hal picking up the change in number of partitions and boot.ini not
reflecting that change unless editing it manually.
"Steve Repp" <srepp@ATIP.ORG> wrote in message
news:BE8C0B93.20340%srepp@ATIP.ORG...
> Understand. Any idea what would cause the boot.ini file to get corrupted?
>
>
> On 4/20/05 1:01 PM, in article jGx9e.340$CH.180@news-wrt-01.socal.rr.com,
> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote:
>
>> Steve, anytime I have gotten that error it usually for me has something
>> to
>> do with the Boot.ini file. For example, if I add or
>> delete a Primary Partition I have to reflect that in the Boot.ini. or I
>> will get that Hal.dll corrupt or missing. Since I dual and
>> multiboot I always have access to the boot.ini. from another OS Linux,
>> Win2k, etc
>> "Steve Repp" <srepp@ATIP.ORG> wrote in message
>> news:BE8BDBE3.202AE%srepp@ATIP.ORG...
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Quick question about the HAL.dll. We had the DLL go south on a dual boot
>>> XP/XP-Japanese Dell OptiPlex last night. Standard boot from CD/run
>>> repair
>>> fixed the issue.
>>>
>>> Anyone have any idea what causes this kind of corruption? Anything I can
>>> do
>>> to limit the possibility in the future?
>>>
>>
>>
>
!