MV42N

I am very new at this... Can I put Window Xp on my motherboard without
much TROUBLE..

Arlene

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttle-MV42N-ftopict52410.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=255253
2 answers Last reply
More about mv42n
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Hi Arlene,

    Being the techie geek that I am, allow me to make an adjustment to your
    question, okay? :0)
    Windows XP is the Operating System that is loaded/installed on your
    harddrive, where all your programs you use are afterward installed that
    XP runs, like Word, Exel, internet access, etc.

    The motherboard is the physical, plastic square board that is screwed
    onto the bottom of your metal computer case, and into which all your
    physical components are plugged in to, such as your memory sticks
    (RAM), CPU (main processor), Video card, sound card if you have one,
    your harddrive data cable plugs into it, your CDrom or DVD player data
    cable plugs into it, etc. etc. That's why it is called the MOTHERboard,
    or more properly, the Mainboard, or slang term "Mobo".
    So ... in answer to your question, you install the software Windows XP
    on your harddrive, not on your motherboard.

    If you are having problems and need individual attention, I might
    suggest a general computer help forum might be more helpful that this
    one which is rather specialized toward Shuttle mainboards. One of the
    best around is www.suggestafix.com, which is geared to "newbies" that
    need individual attention.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "ranchhand" wrote:
    > Hi Arlene,
    >
    > Being the techie geek that I am, allow me to make an
    > adjustment to your
    > question, okay? :0)
    > Windows XP is the Operating System that is loaded/installed
    > on your
    > harddrive, where all your programs you use are afterward
    > installed that
    > XP runs, like Word, Exel, internet access, etc.
    >
    > The motherboard is the physical, plastic square board that is
    > screwed
    > onto the bottom of your metal computer case, and into which
    > all your
    > physical components are plugged in to, such as your memory
    > sticks
    > (RAM), CPU (main processor), Video card, sound card if you
    > have one,
    > your harddrive data cable plugs into it, your CDrom or DVD
    > player data
    > cable plugs into it, etc. etc. That's why it is called the
    > MOTHERboard,
    > or more properly, the Mainboard, or slang term "Mobo".
    > So ... in answer to your question, you install the software
    > Windows XP
    > on your harddrive, not on your motherboard.
    >
    > If you are having problems and need individual attention, I
    > might
    > suggest a general computer help forum might be more helpful
    > that this
    > one which is rather specialized toward Shuttle mainboards.
    > One of the
    > best around is www.suggestafix.com, which is geared to
    > "newbies" that
    > need individual attention.

    Thank you very much, as you can tell i know nothing about computers..

    I just put window 2000 on mine, and having just a little bit of
    trouble, but might just be my internet provider trouble, so we will
    see..

    Everyone is saying why Window 2000, and not XP. I didnt know if my
    MOBO could handle Xp... now i know its not the MOBO, its my
    software...lol

    Thanks for explaining all that to me..

    Arlene

    Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttle-MV42N-ftopict52410.html