Confused : INI File Names

Bit confused about INI File Names

I would have thought the INI file name was the same as the rom name but this
is not the case.

For example, PACMAN.ZIP seems to look at an INI file called PUCKMAN.INI

So how do I know what, say, JOUSTR's INI file is called?

For Info : I have a arcade machine and need to write "RESOLUTION 292x240"
into the INI file

(Hope the above makes sense)

Hitesh

On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 07:45:10 +0000 (UTC), "Hitesh"
<NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote:

>Bit confused about INI File Names
>
>I would have thought the INI file name was the same as the rom name but this
>is not the case.
>
>For example, PACMAN.ZIP seems to look at an INI file called PUCKMAN.INI

Puckman is the parent romset - so pacman is a clone of this
Puckman is the name the game was called when it was released in Japan
- it's only outside Japan it is known as Pacman

>So how do I know what, say, JOUSTR's INI file is called?

I would imagine it's the parent romset's name
Joust

>For Info : I have a arcade machine and need to write "RESOLUTION 292x240"
>into the INI file
>
>(Hope the above makes sense)
>
>Hitesh

Hope that helps

Arcade Monster wrote:
> On Sun, 3 Apr 2005 07:45:10 +0000 (UTC), "Hitesh"
> <NoFookingReplyAddress@NoFookingReplyAddress.Com> wrote:
>

>>Bit confused about INI File Names
>>
>>I would have thought the INI file name was the same as the rom name but this
>>is not the case.
>>
>>For example, PACMAN.ZIP seems to look at an INI file called PUCKMAN.INI
>

> Puckman is the parent romset - so pacman is a clone of this
> Puckman is the name the game was called when it was released in Japan

In case you are wondering why the obvious name 'Puckman' was changed to
the rather unintuitive 'Pacman', vandals in arcades would scratch out
the round part of the 'P' to turn it into..... 'Nuff said? <EG>

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad