What is this in my Canon box?

Bought a Canon i965 today and found a piece of glossy grey cardboard
in the bottom of the box, with Canon written on it. There's a series
of images on it, showing how you should fold it into a box of some
sort.

Anyone know what this is for!?

Allan.

[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
the cited author.]

In article <f120f0pb79vour906uplkahhkblujbul0g@4ax.com>,
justallan@COLDhotmail.com says...
> Bought a Canon i965 today and found a piece of glossy grey cardboard
> in the bottom of the box, with Canon written on it. There's a series
> of images on it, showing how you should fold it into a box of some
> sort.
>
> Anyone know what this is for!?

What does it look like when you fold it? It may be just some
marketing/advertising gimmick, or maybe something to put cartridges or
other supplies in?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 16:27:25 -0500, Andrew Rossmann
<andysnewsreply@no_junk.comcast.net> wrote:

>[This followup was posted to comp.periphs.printers and a copy was sent to
>the cited author.]
>
>In article <f120f0pb79vour906uplkahhkblujbul0g@4ax.com>,
>justallan@COLDhotmail.com says...
>> Bought a Canon i965 today and found a piece of glossy grey cardboard
>> in the bottom of the box, with Canon written on it. There's a series
>> of images on it, showing how you should fold it into a box of some
>> sort.
>>
>> Anyone know what this is for!?
>
> What does it look like when you fold it? It may be just some
>marketing/advertising gimmick, or maybe something to put cartridges or
>other supplies in?

All the folding pictures are very clear, except the final one which is
the one that shows what it's meant to be. I think it might be to put
the CD tray and photo-sized paper tray into when not being used - but
who knows? I'm pretty sure it wasn't in the books but I'll look
again.

On another note - excellent printer - but I wish they'd get someone
who's LITERATE to to write the instruction book*S* (and why so many
different books, Canon? Just make them into one and save the extra
staples - then they could afford to include a USB cable).

Allan.