2800 XP AMD

Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running at
2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need to
change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..

TIA

--
Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

The 2600 and 2800 probably don't use the same Multiplier in the Bios.
Your Processor speed is a function of the
FSB ( Front Side Bus ) usually 166 x Multiplier which should be 13.5
or Auto. I think you can also try 333 fsb x 7
Check the Bios again.
" Audio Jack" <Audioman1no@myway.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
> motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running
> at 2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need to
> change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

The 3 setting are 133, 166, or 200 i tryed the 166 and the processor
still says 1250mghz no matter what I do it stays at that, Guess I'll have
to call Gigabyte Thanks
"Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> The 2600 and 2800 probably don't use the same Multiplier in the Bios.
> Your Processor speed is a function of the
> FSB ( Front Side Bus ) usually 166 x Multiplier which should be 13.5
> or Auto. I think you can also try 333 fsb x 7
> Check the Bios again.
> " Audio Jack" <Audioman1no@myway.com> wrote in message
>> Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
>> motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running
>> at 2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need
>> to change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

peter

Hi,

Try boot into BIOS and then clear the CMOS and load the Load Optimized
Default,
save and exit BIOS setup. let windows load and check the CPU speed by right
click MY Computer/Properties.
If still no go, try update the mobo BIOS.

Peter

"Audio Jack" wrote:

> The 3 setting are 133, 166, or 200 i tryed the 166 and the processor
> still says 1250mghz no matter what I do it stays at that, Guess I'll have
> to call Gigabyte Thanks
> "Rich Barry" <rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> > The 2600 and 2800 probably don't use the same Multiplier in the Bios.
> > Your Processor speed is a function of the
> > FSB ( Front Side Bus ) usually 166 x Multiplier which should be 13.5
> > or Auto. I think you can also try 333 fsb x 7
> > Check the Bios again.
> > " Audio Jack" <Audioman1no@myway.com> wrote in message
> >> Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
> >> motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running
> >> at 2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need
> >> to change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..
> >>
> >> TIA
> >>
> >> --
> >> Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

Take a look at Anandtech's Article on the Motherboard
http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=1836&p=4

" Audio Jack" <Audioman1no@myway.com> wrote in message
> Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
> motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running
> at 2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need to
> change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..
>
> TIA
>
> --
> Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

It was a switch on the MB had to turn it ON. Thanks
> Take a look at Anandtech's Article on the Motherboard
> http://www.anandtech.com/mb/showdoc.aspx?i=1836&p=4
>

> " Audio Jack" <Audioman1no@myway.com> wrote in message
>> Just upgraded my CPU from a 2600 to 2800 i checked the setting in the
>> motherboard bios and I have the settings the same The 2600 i had running
>> at 2.1g the 2800 will only go to 1.2g Is there something else I need
>> to change? I'm using a Gigabyte GA-7NNXP MB ..
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> --
>> Pretty women make you buy beer. Ugly women make you drink beer."

TRENDING THREADS