DVD burner recognizing problem

Hello,

I tried to upgrade my system an LG 4163 DVD burner. Previously I got a 4160
which is working fine. When I installed, the system try to recognize it, but
when the baloon appears 'The device ready to use.' the system was reboot. The
next startup the same happened again and again.
Any idea? Thx

BigJim

did you set the master/slave jump correctly
and do you have the data cable on correctly just a couple of things to check