doesnt see extra hard drive

Have been having problem getting XP to recognize my extra hard drive.

It finds in Device manager but it will not assign it a letter to it in MY
Computer so I can access it.

Any help here. any ideas why

dbodz
1 answer Last reply
More about doesnt extra hard drive

    "dbodz" <dbodz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

    >Have been having problem getting XP to recognize my extra hard drive.
    >
    >It finds in Device manager but it will not assign it a letter to it in MY
    >Computer so I can access it.

    Check in the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer
    Management > Storage > Disk Management, if the disk is listed here. If
    so, partition and format it (if not yet done) and assign drive
    letters.

    --
    (tm)

Hardware Device Manager Hard Drives Microsoft Windows XP