doesnt see extra hard drive

Have been having problem getting XP to recognize my extra hard drive.

It finds in Device manager but it will not assign it a letter to it in MY
Computer so I can access it.

Any help here. any ideas why

dbodz

"dbodz" <dbodz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Have been having problem getting XP to recognize my extra hard drive.
>
>It finds in Device manager but it will not assign it a letter to it in MY
>Computer so I can access it.

Check in the Control Panel > Administrative Tools > Computer
Management > Storage > Disk Management, if the disk is listed here. If
so, partition and format it (if not yet done) and assign drive
letters.

--
(tm)