SS51G Fan Noise

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 29, 2005 11:57:59 PM

When I turn on my SS51G XPC, the fan makes a loud buzzing noise for 30secs
to over a minute before quieting down. Should I replace this fan or try to
do the trick I read about where you remove the oil plug and add some machine
oil? I doubt lubricant is the problem because I've only had the computer
for 6 months. If I should replace the fan, does anyone have any
recommendations on reliable and quiet fans that will fit?

Thanks

BigSky

More about : ss51g fan noise

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 30, 2005 1:11:45 PM

"Big Sky" <bmartin84@cox.net> skrev i en meddelelse
> When I turn on my SS51G XPC, the fan makes a loud buzzing noise for 30secs
> to over a minute before quieting down. Should I replace this fan or try
> do the trick I read about where you remove the oil plug and add some
> machine
> oil? I doubt lubricant is the problem because I've only had the computer
> for 6 months. If I should replace the fan, does anyone have any
> recommendations on reliable and quiet fans that will fit?
>
> Thanks
>
> BigSky

Don't know if it will do the trick, but do have the latest bios?
After bios update of my sb81p, the fans react differently.

Regards
/SV
!