SS51G Fan Noise

When I turn on my SS51G XPC, the fan makes a loud buzzing noise for 30secs
to over a minute before quieting down. Should I replace this fan or try to
do the trick I read about where you remove the oil plug and add some machine
oil? I doubt lubricant is the problem because I've only had the computer
for 6 months. If I should replace the fan, does anyone have any
recommendations on reliable and quiet fans that will fit?

Thanks

BigSky
1 answer Last reply
More about ss51g noise
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Big Sky" <bmartin84@cox.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    > When I turn on my SS51G XPC, the fan makes a loud buzzing noise for 30secs
    > to over a minute before quieting down. Should I replace this fan or try
    > do the trick I read about where you remove the oil plug and add some
    > machine
    > oil? I doubt lubricant is the problem because I've only had the computer
    > for 6 months. If I should replace the fan, does anyone have any
    > recommendations on reliable and quiet fans that will fit?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > BigSky

    Don't know if it will do the trick, but do have the latest bios?
    After bios update of my sb81p, the fans react differently.

    Regards
    /SV

Shuttle Fan Motherboards