3rd Party HFS/HFS+ utilities For Windows XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.macintosh (More info?)

Please post if you use any of the following HFS+ utilites for WinXP:

DataViz MacOpener 2000
Version: 6.05
Last Update: October 2001
http://www.dataviz.com/products/macopener/mo_evol.html
http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/13425
-Does not support Firewire hard drives
-Supports iPODS but inconsistantly
-Seems to conflict with McAfee On Access Virus Scan
-No support for four years

Media Four Mac Drive 6
Version: 6.0.6
Last Updated: April 2005
http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/
-Looks good in the evaluation version
-Runs as a constant service in Windows XP

TransMac
Version: 7.1
Last Updated: March 2005
-Looks good in the evaluation version
-Interface is a stand alone application, similar to FTP

Are my descriptions accurate? Any additional advice?
Thanks,
-Tom

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.macintosh (More info?)

How does everyone transfer data from Mac to Windows? Someone's gotta
be using the apps I mentioned...

"Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote in message

> How does everyone transfer data from Mac to Windows? Someone's gotta
> be using the apps I mentioned...

When I need to do it (rare) I use the Mac to read/write a floppy or CDROM
created on the PC. It's one of the things Mac's do better. Not an
endorsement of Mac's, I don't have one, but every platform has it's
advantages.

Kerry

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.macintosh (More info?)

Did I post to the wrong groups for this question?

In article <1114184951.871980.129440@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>,
"Tom Penharston" <thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> wrote:

> How does everyone transfer data from Mac to Windows? Someone's gotta
> be using the apps I mentioned...

At work I just copy it over the LAN to our Mac OS X server, which is
configured to provide "SMB" (Windows networking emulation) services to
the two Wintel boxes (one Win 98 & one Win XP Pro) we have. No 'extra'
software required at either end.

--
Odysseus

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware,alt.macintosh (More info?)

On 2005-04-22 18:49:11 +0300, "Tom Penharston"
<thinkpersuasion@netscape.net> said:

> How does everyone transfer data from Mac to Windows? Someone's gotta
> be using the apps I mentioned...

I managed to create a boot diskette within windows with transmac years
ago. Also it was a powerbook duo 270c, with 68030 processor.

For such tools, whatever is maintained (looks like transmac is) is the
best. Antivirus software will jump and down of course, they do very low
level stuff. It shows AV quality. Just disable it and turn it back on.
Also before disabling, quit your browser and mail application.

Be sure to try first of course, do not blindly buy!

Ilgaz

> Please post if you use any of the following HFS+ utilites for WinXP:
>
> DataViz MacOpener 2000
> Version: 6.05
> Last Update: October 2001
> http://www.dataviz.com/products/macopener/mo_evol.html
> http://www.versiontracker.com/dyn/moreinfo/win/13425
> -Does not support Firewire hard drives
> -Supports iPODS but inconsistantly
> -Seems to conflict with McAfee On Access Virus Scan
> -No support for four years
>
> Media Four Mac Drive 6
> Version: 6.0.6
> Last Updated: April 2005
> http://www.mediafour.com/products/macdrive6/
> -Looks good in the evaluation version
> -Runs as a constant service in Windows XP
>
> TransMac
> Version: 7.1
> Last Updated: March 2005
> -Looks good in the evaluation version
> -Interface is a stand alone application, similar to FTP
>
> Are my descriptions accurate? Any additional advice?
> Thanks,
> -Tom

With windows-Mac networking so easy on OS X, I'd just connect the two
machines via ethernet cable and create a little network.