Windows XP Pro - Fatal Error When Playing Audio

When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off I
>get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification to
>Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device drivers.
>I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
>re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
>some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but now
>it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
>advice. The motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6 and the VGA is a NVIDIA nForce2 Ultra 400+MCP-S
Thanks!

With sound onboard the motherboard or have you added a separate soundcard?

If you're still using the sound onboard, the latest drivers are at the
Chaintech website at
http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=15&PISNo=277
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"rsanche1" <rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off
>>get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification
>>Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device
>>drivers.
>>I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
>>re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
>>some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but
>>now
>>it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
>>advice. The motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6 and the VGA is a NVIDIA
>>nForce2 Ultra 400+MCP-S
> Thanks!

I was using the AC97 Codec soundcard off the motherboard? at first then I
believe my neighbor switched it so that I'm now using the sound from the
NVIDIA card. I had already downloaded the drivers off the Chaintech websites
and it didn't do any good. My NVIDIA card is a CHAINTECH Geforce FX5500 256MB
DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> With sound onboard the motherboard or have you added a separate soundcard?
>
> If you're still using the sound onboard, the latest drivers are at the
> Chaintech website at
> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=15&PISNo=277
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "rsanche1" <rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer off
> >>get a fatal error message alert when it starts up. I send the notification
> >>Micorsoft and it tells me I there is a problem with one of my device
> >>drivers.
> >>I have the most updated drivers for my motherboard but this issue keeps
> >>re-occurring. I've had my neighbor who's an IT guy look at it and he made
> >>some adjustments to the audio settings and it helped for a few days but
> >>now
> >>it's reverted to same issue. I'm hoping someone out there can give some
> >>advice. The motherboard is a Chaintech 7NJL6 and the VGA is a NVIDIA
> >>nForce2 Ultra 400+MCP-S
> > Thanks!

You may have a separate soundcard but nVidia only make graphics cards.
--

>I was using the AC97 Codec soundcard off the motherboard? at first then I
> believe my neighbor switched it so that I'm now using the sound from the
> NVIDIA card. I had already downloaded the drivers off the Chaintech
> websites
> and it didn't do any good. My NVIDIA card is a CHAINTECH Geforce FX5500
> 256MB
> DDR AGP 4X/8X Video Card.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> With sound onboard the motherboard or have you added a separate
>> soundcard?
>>
>> If you're still using the sound onboard, the latest drivers are at the
>> Chaintech website at
>> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/eng/Download/dl_desc.asp?DCSNo=15&PISNo=277
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "rsanche1" <rsanche1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > When I play audio files my XP wil freeze and when I turn the computer
>> > off
>> > Thanks!

TRENDING THREADS