No Windows START or END Sound

Anyone know why Windows stopped playing both the starting and ending sounds.
Control Panel - Sounds and test and verify both work fine but do not play as
they used to. Soundcard seems fine (musicmatch etc.) however, I noticed this
coincides with a tremendous amount of hard drive thrashing that has not been
eliminated via spyware, trojan horse etc (all tests come clean).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks
Nick

map

"Nick Mercardante" wrote:

> Anyone know why Windows stopped playing both the starting and ending sounds.
> Control Panel - Sounds and test and verify both work fine but do not play as
> they used to. Soundcard seems fine (musicmatch etc.) however, I noticed this
> coincides with a tremendous amount of hard drive thrashing that has not been
> eliminated via spyware, trojan horse etc (all tests come clean).
> Any help would be greatly appreciated.
> Thanks
> Nick

Run the "fix the ding wave file" under where did my sounds go.

Also if you are using tweakui be sure the the checkbox for "beep on errors"
is checked.

Thank you, while snooping around Kellys Korner I found in the area you
suggested I found a registry entry courtesy of the Weather Channel, tha
tupon removing the value solved my Startup and Shutdown sound question.
Many kudos my friend