Tech - SFRush questions

Need some help here.

I am running Mame32.86u3 and just started trying to play with CHDs. I
successfully installed San Francisco RUSH but there are some issues that I
can't figure out.

1. When the game is booting, it tries to test the steering wheel and
pedals. Even though I hit the arrow keys and you can see the input on the
screen, the game says that the steerting wheel is not responding. Is this
normal?

2. When the above happens, it says to hit abort to quit testing. I can't
figure out which key is the abort key. What key is abort?

3. When the game launches, it takes credits fine, but when you start a game
it is unplayable becuase it plays very very slow - the music skips
constantly and it looks as if it's running at about 3 seconds per frame -
and that is not a typo. How do I correct this?

Thanks in advance.

Reactor

Reactor wrote:
> Need some help here.
> 3. When the game launches, it takes credits fine, but when you start a game
> it is unplayable becuase it plays very very slow - the music skips
> constantly and it looks as if it's running at about 3 seconds per frame -
> and that is not a typo. How do I correct this?

You need a faster cpu. Around 9 (yes, I said NINE) GHz cpu should do
it. It would be much cheaper for you to just buy an original SF Rush
than pay for a computer capable of running it at full speed. That's
just the way it is with some games, especially newer games.

HTH, HAND

Thanks for the answers everyone - I am heartbroken but I guess I'll have to
go buy a Rush for the house . . . . .

Matt wrote:
> The "wheel not responding" is because the software is not able to move the
> wheel during boot up. Normally the game boots to that screen and the
> feedback board moves the wheel one way then to the other way.If it doesn't
> make its full swing each way you get that error.
>
> There's not much that can be done about it on a MAME machine.
>
> Rush the Rock basically runs on a custom CPU and TWO VooDoo2's in SLI mode.
> Its going to be a long while before a PC is going to be able to emulate that
> game and many others. All of the Seattle games (Blitz, Carnevil and many
> others) run on similar hardware which is why they don't run either.
>
> Matt

oooOOOooo! Does that mean that nVidia's new SLI cards might do the trick?

--
Thnik about it!
Dead_Dad