silentness printer

Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
Thank you

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:58:56 GMT, "pls" <ciro72@libero.it> wrote:

>Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
>Thank you

My new Canon i960 has a "silent' feature - but it's so quiet already,
I can't see how it could get any quieter.

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:58:56 GMT, "pls" <ciro72@libero.it> wrote:

>Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
>Thank you

One of the more quiet printers would be something along the lines of a
Canon "I" series.....

As compared to a Lexmark, which sounds like a friggen can opener, the
Canon is virtually silent, LOL

They are quiet though. If you were to take a step or two away, you
would have to stare at the paper output to see if its actually
working or not while its printing.

pls wrote:
> Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
> Thank you

I assume by "silentness" you mean 'silent'? I Sorry, but by definition an
inkjet cannot be silent - there are too many moving parts, the printhead
moving across the bar, the rollers drawing the paper, the heads parking at
the end of the print, priming, etc. Some printers are quieter than others,
but there is no such thing as a truly silent inkjet. If you want a virtually
silent (and even they aren't totally quiet) printer, your only choice is a
laser.

"Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> ha scritto nel messaggio
> I assume by "silentness" you mean 'silent'? I Sorry, but by definition an
> inkjet cannot be silent - there are too many moving parts, the printhead
> moving across the bar, the rollers drawing the paper, the heads parking at
> the end of the print, priming, etc. Some printers are quieter than others,
> but there is no such thing as a truly silent inkjet. If you want a
virtually
> silent (and even they aren't totally quiet) printer, your only choice is a
> laser.

Sorry for my bad english, I mean 'silent'.
However I know that all inkjet printers aren't quiet or silent but some
model printer could be more quiet than onother model printer,
I would be to know which model inkjet printers are more silent, thanks.

pls wrote:
> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> ha scritto nel messaggio
>> I assume by "silentness" you mean 'silent'? I Sorry, but by
>> definition an inkjet cannot be silent - there are too many moving
>> parts, the printhead moving across the bar, the rollers drawing the
>> paper, the heads parking at the end of the print, priming, etc. Some
>> printers are quieter than others, but there is no such thing as a
>> truly silent inkjet. If you want a virtually silent (and even they
>> aren't totally quiet) printer, your only choice is a laser.
>>

> Sorry for my bad english, I mean 'silent'.
> However I know that all inkjet printers aren't quiet or silent but
> some model printer could be more quiet than onother model printer,
> I would be to know which model inkjet printers are more silent,
> thanks.

I'm afraid that's purely subjective. What I might term 'quiet' you might
find unbearable to live with. Personally, I'd rather have a noisy printer
that prints perfectly than a 'silent' one that printed rubbish and I'm sure
there are many here who would agree with me. Many would place quality over
quietness.

The only way is to go to a store and ask to try a few printers. There's
no-one here who can advise you.

> The only way is to go to a store and ask to try a few printers. There's
> no-one here who can advise you.

But someone answered me :)

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 17:20:25 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:58:56 GMT, "pls" <ciro72@libero.it> wrote:
>
>>Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
>>Thank you
>>

>One of the more quiet printers would be something along the lines of a
>Canon "I" series.....
>
>As compared to a Lexmark, which sounds like a friggen can opener, the
>Canon is virtually silent, LOL
>
>They are quiet though. If you were to take a step or two away, you
>would have to stare at the paper output to see if its actually
>working or not while its printing.

Actually, I usually find Lexmarks are *very* quiet ;-)

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

>Actually, I usually find Lexmarks are *very* quiet ;-)
>
> --
>
>Hecate
>Hecate@newsguy.com
>veni, vidi, reliqui

Are you joking? I see a smiley so I guess so..

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:58:56 GMT, "pls" <ciro72@libero.it> wrote:
>
>>Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good price?
>>Thank you
>>

>One of the more quiet printers would be something along the lines of a
>Canon "I" series.....
>
>As compared to a Lexmark, which sounds like a friggen can opener, the
>Canon is virtually silent, LOL
>
>They are quiet though. If you were to take a step or two away, you
>would have to stare at the paper output to see if its actually
>working or not while its printing.

I agree. I have an i9900. It makes some noise if it is preparing
itself to print but once it starts printing you can hardly hear the
printhead moving back and forth. Much quieter than any laser printer
I've had. And I've had quite a few. And it's certainly quieter than
any Epson I've had also.

pls wrote:

> "Miss Perspicacia Tick" <misstick@lancre.dw> ha scritto nel messaggio
>
>>I assume by "silentness" you mean 'silent'? I Sorry, but by definition an
>>inkjet cannot be silent - there are too many moving parts, the printhead
>>moving across the bar, the rollers drawing the paper, the heads parking at
>>the end of the print, priming, etc. Some printers are quieter than others,
>>but there is no such thing as a truly silent inkjet. If you want a
>
> virtually
>
>>silent (and even they aren't totally quiet) printer, your only choice is a
>>laser.
>>

> Sorry for my bad english, I mean 'silent'.
> However I know that all inkjet printers aren't quiet or silent but some
> model printer could be more quiet than onother model printer,
> I would be to know which model inkjet printers are more silent, thanks.

The Canon i9950 is very quiet, and I assume the i965 would be similar.

--
Ben Thomas
given nor endorsed by it.

Rob wrote:
> beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:
>
>> On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 16:58:56 GMT, "pls" <ciro72@libero.it> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi someone can tell me a good silentness inkjet printer at good
>>> price? Thank you
>>>

>> One of the more quiet printers would be something along the lines of
>> a Canon "I" series.....
>>
>> As compared to a Lexmark, which sounds like a friggen can opener,
>> the Canon is virtually silent, LOL
>>
>> They are quiet though. If you were to take a step or two away, you
>> would have to stare at the paper output to see if its actually
>> working or not while its printing.
>>

> I agree. I have an i9900. It makes some noise if it is preparing
> itself to print but once it starts printing you can hardly hear the
> printhead moving back and forth. Much quieter than any laser printer
> I've had. And I've had quite a few. And it's certainly quieter than
> any Epson I've had also.

I'm with you there (I have the same unit).

On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:51:59 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>>Actually, I usually find Lexmarks are *very* quiet ;-)
>>
>> --
>>
>>Hecate
>>Hecate@newsguy.com
>>veni, vidi, reliqui
>

>Are you joking? I see a smiley so I guess so..

I don't think you got my hint - very quiet as in dormant, defunct,
kicked the bucket, shuffled off their mortal coil.....

--

Hecate
Hecate@newsguy.com

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hecate <hecate@newsguy.com> wrote:

>On Sun, 11 Jul 2004 23:51:59 -0400, beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:
>

>>>Actually, I usually find Lexmarks are *very* quiet ;-)
>>>
>>> --
>>>
>>>Hecate
>>>Hecate@newsguy.com
>>>veni, vidi, reliqui
>>

>>Are you joking? I see a smiley so I guess so..
>
>I don't think you got my hint - very quiet as in dormant, defunct,
>kicked the bucket, shuffled off their mortal coil.....
>

> --
>
>Hecate
>Hecate@newsguy.com
>veni, vidi, reliqui

Ah. A dead parrot fan. We need more of those...fans I mean.

On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:29:12 -0400, Rob
<tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>And it's certainly quieter than
>any Epson I've had also.

Nah!!! Really? Surely you jest. : )

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just Allan <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

>On Mon, 12 Jul 2004 07:29:12 -0400, Rob
><tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>And it's certainly quieter than
>>any Epson I've had also.
>
>Nah!!! Really? Surely you jest. : )

Well it could just be that the Epson ruined my hearing so I just
"think" the Canon is quiet.

On Tue, 13 Jul 2004 18:44:23 -0400, Rob
<tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>>>And it's certainly quieter than
>>>any Epson I've had also.
>>
>>Nah!!! Really? Surely you jest. : )
>
>Well it could just be that the Epson ruined my hearing so I just
>"think" the Canon is quiet.

Heh - what does this remind you of?

Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Beep, beep.
Beeeep.... beeeep.... beeeep....
Eee-aw, eee-aw, eee-aw...
Squeeeeaaak, squeeeeaaak, squeeeeaaak
etc.

Bring back fond memories? (Of when you dropped your epson from above
head height into the trash?) : )

Allan.

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Just Allan <justallan@COLDhotmail.com> wrote:

>>>Nah!!! Really? Surely you jest. : )
>>
>>Well it could just be that the Epson ruined my hearing so I just
>>"think" the Canon is quiet.
>
>Heh - what does this remind you of?
>
>Beep, beep. Beep, beep. Beep, beep.
>Beeeep.... beeeep.... beeeep....
>Eee-aw, eee-aw, eee-aw...
>Squeeeeaaak, squeeeeaaak, squeeeeaaak
>etc.
>
>Bring back fond memories? (Of when you dropped your epson from above
>head height into the trash?) : )
>
>Allan.

Actually I donated two of them to my workplace. (They're in a room I
never go into...under any circumstances).

On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:50:27 -0400, Rob
<tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Actually I donated two of them to my workplace. (They're in a room I
>never go into...under any circumstances).

Might that be the rest room? LOL

Rob

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

beezer <beezer@rezeeb.moc> wrote:

>On Wed, 14 Jul 2004 18:50:27 -0400, Rob
><tele*deletethis*manr@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Actually I donated two of them to my workplace. (They're in a room I
>>never go into...under any circumstances).
>

>Might that be the rest room? LOL

And now you know...the rest of the story.