chipset fan noise on Shuttle AK31 V3.1

I have loud noise coming from my chipset fan. After holding my finger
down to stop the fan, the noise stops. Is there a way to remedy this
issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I need?

Thanks!
3 answers Last reply
More about chipset noise shuttle ak31
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
    heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
    overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    davenorris@gmail.com wrote:
    > I have loud noise coming from my chipset fan. After holding my finger
    > down to stop the fan, the noise stops. Is there a way to remedy this
    > issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I
    > need?

    If you aren't overclocking the board I'd just stick a Zalman passive
    cooler on there and be done with it.

    http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/code_list.asp?code=014
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    davenorris@gmail.com wrote:
    > Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
    > heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
    > overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!

    You could just remove the fan - if it is a well finned heatsink that
    should be OK.

Shuttle Chipsets Fan Motherboards