chipset fan noise on Shuttle AK31 V3.1

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2005 12:48:41 PM

I have loud noise coming from my chipset fan. After holding my finger
down to stop the fan, the noise stops. Is there a way to remedy this
issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I need?

Thanks!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2005 4:05:25 PM

Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2005 8:09:02 PM

davenorris@gmail.com wrote:
> I have loud noise coming from my chipset fan. After holding my finger
> down to stop the fan, the noise stops. Is there a way to remedy this
> issue? Do i need a new one and if so, what brand/size etc... do I
> need?

If you aren't overclocking the board I'd just stick a Zalman passive
cooler on there and be done with it.

http://www.zalmanusa.com/usa/product/code_list.asp?code...
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
May 26, 2005 11:07:56 PM

davenorris@gmail.com wrote:
> Would it be OK to remove or just disconnect the fan and just leave the
> heatsink? I've seen some posts that say this is OK to do if no
> overclocking is done, which I'm not doing. Thanks for the response!

You could just remove the fan - if it is a well finned heatsink that
should be OK.
!