AN35(N) ultra + 3000/333, PC2700 or 3200 mem?

II am putting a system together - using the AN35(N) ultra with an AMD
3000/333 Athlon XP processor. I have a 512mb & a 256mb pc 2700
memory modules. Would I be gaining much if I bought 3200 memory to
use in that MB/proc combo instead, or would it be a waste of money?
Thanks for any advice. Also - will dual channel mode work with 2
different sized pc2700 modules?
1 answer Last reply
More about an35 ultra 3000 pc2700 3200
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    J_McD wrote:
    > II am putting a system together - using the AN35(N) ultra with an AMD
    > 3000/333 Athlon XP processor. I have a 512mb & a 256mb pc 2700
    > memory modules. Would I be gaining much if I bought 3200 memory to
    > use in that MB/proc combo instead, or would it be a waste of money?
    > Thanks for any advice. Also - will dual channel mode work with 2
    > different sized pc2700 modules?

    I have that motherboard, originally with an XP 2000/266 (moved over
    from an ECS board). I also had mixed 512/256/256 PC2700 and the
    system said I was running in dual channel though I thought that
    wasn't supposed to happen with mixed modules.
    I had some problems but not sure if it was the memory mix or
    just from running Win98 (Win98+DOS on NForce mobo is a pain
    in the backside).

    Anyway, I'm not sure if there would be much benefit moving up
    to 3200 unless maybe you go with a matched dual channel pair.
    Because of a sale/deal that NewEgg had not too long ago
    I went with an Athlon 3200/400 and dual channel PC3200.
    Runs pretty good.

    --
    >>ANIME SENSHI<<
    Marc D. Williams