AN35(N) ultra + 3000/333, PC2700 or 3200 mem?

II am putting a system together - using the AN35(N) ultra with an AMD
3000/333 Athlon XP processor. I have a 512mb & a 256mb pc 2700
memory modules. Would I be gaining much if I bought 3200 memory to
use in that MB/proc combo instead, or would it be a waste of money?
Thanks for any advice. Also - will dual channel mode work with 2
different sized pc2700 modules?

J_McD wrote:
> II am putting a system together - using the AN35(N) ultra with an AMD
> 3000/333 Athlon XP processor. I have a 512mb & a 256mb pc 2700
> memory modules. Would I be gaining much if I bought 3200 memory to
> use in that MB/proc combo instead, or would it be a waste of money?
> Thanks for any advice. Also - will dual channel mode work with 2
> different sized pc2700 modules?

I have that motherboard, originally with an XP 2000/266 (moved over
from an ECS board). I also had mixed 512/256/256 PC2700 and the
system said I was running in dual channel though I thought that
wasn't supposed to happen with mixed modules.
I had some problems but not sure if it was the memory mix or
just from running Win98 (Win98+DOS on NForce mobo is a pain
in the backside).

Anyway, I'm not sure if there would be much benefit moving up
to 3200 unless maybe you go with a matched dual channel pair.
Because of a sale/deal that NewEgg had not too long ago
I went with an Athlon 3200/400 and dual channel PC3200.
Runs pretty good.

--
>>ANIME SENSHI<<
Marc D. Williams