Newb question about Bios Upgrade

I recently got a USB keyboard but it dosn't seem to work with my
AN35(n) Ultra motherboard. I think i may need to update my Bios but i
have never done it before and don't know how can somone please help me
out
2 answers Last reply
More about newb question bios upgrade
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Viator wrote:
    > I recently got a USB keyboard but it dosn't seem to work with my
    > AN35(n) Ultra motherboard. I think i may need to update my Bios but i
    > have never done it before and don't know how can somone please help me
    > out

    Did you RTFM?
    http://global.shuttle.com/Download/Download_Mbd.asp
    1. BIOS can be updated/ flashed by using WinFlash utility from
    Award.This utility is to perform BIOS updating under the Windows
    environment. Please find the WinFlash from Mainboard CD or download it
    from ftp://ftp.shuttle.com/BIOS/utility.(The download file with
    extension .zip can be extracted with Winzip program.)

    For details on how to use WinFlash, please refer to the document.

    2. BIOS can also be updated/ flashed under PURE DOS mode.

    Before BIOS update take place, download BIOS file either from Download
    or ftp://ftp.shuttle.com/ in zip format (file contain, e.g. fb51s034.bin
    and awdflash.exe). Extract the file into a bootable floppy disk or into
    hard drive. Start the system with a bootable floppy disk or bootable CD
    into PURE DOS mode. When DOS prompt, type awdflash fb51s034.bin. After
    finish updating, restart system and press [Delete] key to enter CMOS
    Setup Utility(BIOS setting). Select [Load Optimized Defaults]" and then
    [Save & Exit Setup].
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Thx I realy needed to get this uptaded i hope it fixes my problems

Shuttle BIOS Motherboards Keyboards