new sound drivers for the SB81P?

Hi all!

As listed on http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?85.1879 , Shuttle has released new (june 9th, 2005) drivers for the SB81P. This seems to be a Intel-zip, instead of a Realtek-zip. Is this change
in manufacturer a reason to upgrade?

Regards,
Evert
2 answers Last reply
More about sound drivers sb81p
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Evert Meulie" <evert@witelcom.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    > Hi all!
    >
    > As listed on http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?85.1879 , Shuttle
    > has released new (june 9th, 2005) drivers for the SB81P. This seems to be
    > a Intel-zip, instead of a Realtek-zip. Is this change
    > in manufacturer a reason to upgrade?

    Don't know mate, but thx for telling.
    /JB
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Looks like it's either an older version, or a more limited one. The config panel no longer enables me to assign all my speakers (1x center, 1x sub & 4 satellites) correctly.

    JesperB wrote:
    > "Evert Meulie" <evert@witelcom.net> skrev i en meddelelse
    >
    >>Hi all!
    >>
    >>As listed on http://www.meulie.net/forum_viewtopic.php?85.1879 , Shuttle
    >>has released new (june 9th, 2005) drivers for the SB81P. This seems to be
    >>a Intel-zip, instead of a Realtek-zip. Is this change
    >>in manufacturer a reason to upgrade?
    >>

    > Don't know mate, but thx for telling.
    > /JB

Shuttle Drivers Zip Motherboards