Shims?

I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU in my SN45G. Can the shim on the
CPU be taken off or do I need to buy a new one? If so, where in the
UK can I get one? I've had a look about at places that sell Shuttles
and accessories but can't find any.

TIA

Sanddancer
2 answers Last reply
More about shims
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    > I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU in my SN45G. Can the shim on the
    > CPU be taken off or do I need to buy a new one? If so, where in the
    > UK can I get one? I've had a look about at places that sell Shuttles
    > and accessories but can't find any.
    >
    > TIA
    >
    > Sanddancer

    You can use the exising one should you want to. Most 45G owners don't
    bother having it on anyway.

    HTH

    Pete.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 18:54:17 GMT, Pete J <pete@j.com> wrote:

    >> I'm thinking of upgrading the CPU in my SN45G. Can the shim on the
    >> CPU be taken off or do I need to buy a new one? If so, where in the
    >> UK can I get one? I've had a look about at places that sell Shuttles
    >> and accessories but can't find any.
    >>
    >> TIA
    >>
    >> Sanddancer
    >
    >You can use the exising one should you want to. Most 45G owners don't
    >bother having it on anyway.
    >
    >HTH
    >
    >Pete.

    Thanks. I'll give it a try. I just wanted to check before I orderd
    the CPU.

    Sanddancer

Shuttle CPUs Accessories Motherboards