SK83G FX83 Motherboard Red LED

I've an SK83G with an FX83 motherboard that intermittently shuts down with a red LED
illuminated. The led is close to the front end of the memory slots and is not
documented in the manual.

Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?

Thanks

eric
2 answers Last reply
More about sk83g fx83 motherboard
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Eric Parker wrote:
    > Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?

    It's the memory power LED - indicates that power is being supplied to
    the memory modules and doubles as a warning that you should not remove
    or insert memory while it is lit.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Travis Jordan" <no.one@no.net> wrote in message
    > Eric Parker wrote:
    > > Does anybody know the function of this LED or any other clues ?
    >
    > It's the memory power LED - indicates that power is being supplied to
    > the memory modules and doubles as a warning that you should not remove
    > or insert memory while it is lit.

    Update on this.

    I've since been told that the red LED indicates CPU over temperature which ties in
    with the behaviour I saw. The motherboard was giving up driving the fan after a
    while. Now it's given up altogether.

    eric

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly