I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
--
-M

3GB is the limit on memory.

"m" wrote:

> I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
> Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
> Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
> --
> -M

Windows XP supports 4GB of RAM.

How to Use the /USERVA Switch in the Boot.ini File to Tune /3GB Configurations

Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP
Windows XP - Shell/User
Microsoft Newsgroups

"M" wrote:

| I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
| Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
| Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
| --
| -M

I just tried using the /3GB switch and it did not seem to help.
System Properties still reports 3.00 GB of RAM...
I did see some changes in System Information.
"Total Physical Memory" shows I have 4,096.00 MB, but Available Physical
Memory is 2.70 GB. Not really understanding what I am looking at here and
still looking for a resolution.
--
-m