Media Center 2005 Memory Limit?

I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
--
-M
3 answers Last reply

    3GB is the limit on memory.

    "m" wrote:

    > I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
    > Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
    > Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
    > --
    > -M

    Windows XP supports 4GB of RAM.

    How to Use the /USERVA Switch in the Boot.ini File to Tune /3GB Configurations

    Carey Frisch
    Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP - Shell/User
    Microsoft Newsgroups

    "M" wrote:

    | I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
    | Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
    | Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
    | --
    | -M

    I just tried using the /3GB switch and it did not seem to help.
    System Properties still reports 3.00 GB of RAM...
    I did see some changes in System Information.
    "Total Physical Memory" shows I have 4,096.00 MB, but Available Physical
    Memory is 2.70 GB. Not really understanding what I am looking at here and
    still looking for a resolution.
    --
    -m

    "Carey Frisch [MVP]" wrote:

    > Windows XP supports 4GB of RAM.
    >
    > How to Use the /USERVA Switch in the Boot.ini File to Tune /3GB Configurations

    > Carey Frisch
    > Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP - Shell/User
    > Microsoft Newsgroups

    > "M" wrote:
    >
    > | I have recently upgraded my Workstation to 4Gig memory. Hoever, Windows Media
    > | Center 2005 is only seeing/using 3Gigs.
    > | Does anyone know how to fix this or is this a limitation in MCE?
    > | --
    > | -M

Media Center Microsoft Memory Windows XP