Shuttle SS51G XPC Small Form Factor

I have a Shuttle SS51G XPC Small Form Factor. It worked fine for 2
years running Win 2000 Pro. Then I installed XP and upped the RAM to 1
Gig. It worked fine for 3 months. Now all of a sudden, it will
turnoff without warning, sometimes rebooting and then turning off
again. Sometimes when I try to boot it up, it will not power on and
then later I will be able to power it on. It isn't a virus, I've
throughly scanned. Could it be a Bios update I need? Could it be
heat? Is the power supply going? Is it XP? Where can I get another
Power Supply for it? Any ideas?
Thanks,
1 answer Last reply
More about shuttle ss51g small form factor
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    joefromjersey200@yahoo.com wrote:
    > I have a Shuttle SS51G XPC Small Form Factor. It worked fine for 2
    > years running Win 2000 Pro. Then I installed XP and upped the RAM to
    > 1 Gig. It worked fine for 3 months. Now all of a sudden, it will
    > turnoff without warning, sometimes rebooting and then turning off

    First, set your system options to take a full dump without restarting
    (System CP) and see if that helps with the diagnosis.

    If it isn't software then it could be almost anything including a
    failing power supply, bad memory, a failing CPU fan or heat sink thermal
    bond (overtemperature), bad processor, etc.

Shuttle Power Supplies Windows XP Motherboards