SN41G2V3 and Athlon XP 3200+ problem

I have seen a few similar problems to the one I’m having ponsted on
various boards, but I still really haven’t seen a solution.

I have a Shuttle XPC SN41G2V3, an Athlon XP 3200+, and 1GB of Corsair
ValueSelect PC3200 Dual Channel memory (and, yes, I have an AGP card
so that the memory runs at full speed)

When I first hooked everything up, the system was fine.

However, after a few reboots, the BIOS suddenly decided to report the
processor as an Athlon XP 1100MHz. I went in to the BIOS and the FSB
was set to ’200MHz,’ but the machine was acting as if the FSB was
running at 100MHz. I tried changing the FSB to 100MHz, rebooting, and
then changing it back to 200MHz, but no luck.

So, I unplugged the power cord, hit the clear CMOS button for 5
seconds, and then powered it back up. The BIOS reported Athlon XP
1100MHz again, but this time the FSB was set to 100MHz. I reset it to
200MHz and, voila, I have an Athlon XP 3200+ again.

Problem is, about three reboots later, it does this again. I don’t
want to have to clear my CMOS every other day with this computer. Any
ideas?

I saw one post saying that Corsair memory doesn’t like Shuttle
motherboards. Can anybody confirm this? I might be able to track
down some other memory to try.

I sent an email to Shuttle tech support over a week ago, and they have
yet to reply...I’m starting to think about calling them, though I’m
not looking forward to a lengthy long distance phone call....

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttle-SN41G2V3-Athlon-XP-3200-problem-ftopict58228.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=294250
6 answers Last reply
More about sn41g2v3 athlon 3200 problem
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "dan2" wrote:
    > I have seen a few similar problems to the one I'm having
    > ponsted on various boards, but I still really haven't seen a
    > solution.
    >
    > I have a Shuttle XPC SN41G2V3, an Athlon XP 3200+, and 1GB of
    > Corsair ValueSelect PC3200 Dual Channel memory (and, yes, I
    > have an AGP card so that the memory runs at full speed)
    >
    > When I first hooked everything up, the system was fine.
    >
    > However, after a few reboots, the BIOS suddenly decided to
    > report the processor as an Athlon XP 1100MHz. I went in to
    > the BIOS and the FSB was set to '200MHz,' but the machine was
    > acting as if the FSB was running at 100MHz. I tried changing
    > the FSB to 100MHz, rebooting, and then changing it back to
    > 200MHz, but no luck.
    >
    > So, I unplugged the power cord, hit the clear CMOS button for
    > 5 seconds, and then powered it back up. The BIOS reported
    > Athlon XP 1100MHz again, but this time the FSB was set to
    > 100MHz. I reset it to 200MHz and, voila, I have an Athlon XP
    > 3200+ again.
    >
    > Problem is, about three reboots later, it does this again. I
    > don't want to have to clear my CMOS every other day with this
    > computer. Any ideas?
    >
    > I saw one post saying that Corsair memory doesn't like Shuttle
    > motherboards. Can anybody confirm this? I might be able to
    > track down some other memory to try.
    >
    > I sent an email to Shuttle tech support over a week ago, and
    > they have yet to reply...I'm starting to think about calling
    > them, though I'm not looking forward to a lengthy long
    > distance phone call....

    Hi Dan2,

    Have you found a solution to your problem and has Shuttle replied yet
    ?

    I have exactly the same problem as you, except that even when reseting
    the CMOS I never got this damn SN41G2V3 to recognize my AMD Barton
    3200+ as anything else than 1100 MHz CPU.
    I really tried everything : flashing with the latest BIOS, increase
    the FSB speed gradually up to 300 MHz, changing the multiplier, but no
    luck, it always reports 1100 MHz. cpu-z1 report : FSB 100, multiplier
    11, bus speed 200 => CPU clock 1100 MHz.

    My config is :
    - SN41G2V3
    - AMD Barton 3200+
    - 2 x 1Go PC3200 memory from Corsair
    - AGP card ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 Mo
    - 2 SATA HDD
    - 1 DVD burner
    - 1 PCI card

    I emailed shuttle a few days ago, no reply ... I am desperate ...
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    "Erik" wrote:
    > Hi Dan2,
    >
    > Have you found a solution to your problem and has Shuttle
    > replied yet ?
    >
    > I have exactly the same problem as you, except that even when
    > reseting the CMOS I never got this damn SN41G2V3 to recognize
    > my AMD Barton 3200+ as anything else than 1100 MHz CPU.
    > I really tried everything : flashing with the latest BIOS,
    > increase the FSB speed gradually up to 300 MHz, changing the
    > multiplier, but no luck, it always reports 1100 MHz. cpu-z1
    > report : FSB 100, multiplier 11, bus speed 200 => CPU clock
    > 1100 MHz.
    >
    > My config is :
    > - SN41G2V3
    > - AMD Barton 3200+
    > - 2 x 1Go PC3200 memory from Corsair
    > - AGP card ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 Mo
    > - 2 SATA HDD
    > - 1 DVD burner
    > - 1 PCI card
    >
    > I emailed shuttle a few days ago, no reply ... I am desperate

    Still waiting on Shuttle to reply. Really terrible response time...

    Don’t know what to tell you... If I clear the CMOS on mine, and then
    manually set the FSB to 200MHz, it works correctly for a short time.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    I have a mobile 2500+ coming next week. Hope I don't have this problem as
    well. Plan on running it at 3200+

    "dan2" <DoNotEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    > "Erik" wrote:
    > > Hi Dan2,
    > >
    > > Have you found a solution to your problem and has Shuttle
    > > replied yet ?
    > >
    > > I have exactly the same problem as you, except that even when
    > > reseting the CMOS I never got this damn SN41G2V3 to recognize
    > > my AMD Barton 3200+ as anything else than 1100 MHz CPU.
    > > I really tried everything : flashing with the latest BIOS,
    > > increase the FSB speed gradually up to 300 MHz, changing the
    > > multiplier, but no luck, it always reports 1100 MHz. cpu-z1
    > > report : FSB 100, multiplier 11, bus speed 200 => CPU clock
    > > 1100 MHz.
    > >
    > > My config is :
    > > - SN41G2V3
    > > - AMD Barton 3200+
    > > - 2 x 1Go PC3200 memory from Corsair
    > > - AGP card ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 Mo
    > > - 2 SATA HDD
    > > - 1 DVD burner
    > > - 1 PCI card
    > >
    > > I emailed shuttle a few days ago, no reply ... I am desperate
    >
    > Still waiting on Shuttle to reply. Really terrible response time...
    >
    > Don't know what to tell you... If I clear the CMOS on mine, and then
    > manually set the FSB to 200MHz, it works correctly for a short time.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    mine doesn't run at 200mhz - it will only do 195mhz x 11 - havenn't
    rebooted yet - but I think I don't have your problem. Turned out to be just
    a 2500+ XP not a mobile. Damn ebay.

    "gringo" <holycrapuscuk@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
    >I have a mobile 2500+ coming next week. Hope I don't have this problem as
    >well. Plan on running it at 3200+
    >

    > "dan2" <DoNotEmail@HardwareForumz.com> wrote in message
    >> "Erik" wrote:
    >> > Hi Dan2,
    >> >
    >> > Have you found a solution to your problem and has Shuttle
    >> > replied yet ?
    >> >
    >> > I have exactly the same problem as you, except that even when
    >> > reseting the CMOS I never got this damn SN41G2V3 to recognize
    >> > my AMD Barton 3200+ as anything else than 1100 MHz CPU.
    >> > I really tried everything : flashing with the latest BIOS,
    >> > increase the FSB speed gradually up to 300 MHz, changing the
    >> > multiplier, but no luck, it always reports 1100 MHz. cpu-z1
    >> > report : FSB 100, multiplier 11, bus speed 200 => CPU clock
    >> > 1100 MHz.
    >> >
    >> > My config is :
    >> > - SN41G2V3
    >> > - AMD Barton 3200+
    >> > - 2 x 1Go PC3200 memory from Corsair
    >> > - AGP card ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 256 Mo
    >> > - 2 SATA HDD
    >> > - 1 DVD burner
    >> > - 1 PCI card
    >> >
    >> > I emailed shuttle a few days ago, no reply ... I am desperate
    >>
    >> Still waiting on Shuttle to reply. Really terrible response time...
    >>
    >> Don't know what to tell you... If I clear the CMOS on mine, and then
    >> manually set the FSB to 200MHz, it works correctly for a short time.

  5. Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I know this thread was over a year ago, but I'm having the same problem. If there are any solutions to this problem please let me know. Thanks
  6. I had this problem after a bios flash and i ended up buying a new mobo.

Shuttle Windows XP Motherboards