an35n ultra

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi. I have an an35n-ultra that is rebooting. I am playing a game and the
screen freezes and the computer reboots. Any one have any ideas? Power
supply ? Video card ? Motherboard ? Any suggestions would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks.

Tom wrote:
> Hi. I have an an35n-ultra that is rebooting. I am playing a game and the
> screen freezes and the computer reboots. Any one have any ideas? Power
> supply ? Video card ? Motherboard ? Any suggestions would be greatly
> appreciated. Thanks.

It would be helpful if you listed your system specs, but with reboots
I'd check the power supply first. I've built three AN35N's and the
mininum power supply that I used was an Antec 350. There are higher
rated "no name" power supplies that don't measure up to a quality 350.
My son has the Antec 350 and mine are Antec 430 and 480. Both are
overclocked Barton 2500's.

--
FRH

Tom

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

My system:
Motherboard An35n-Ultra
Memory 1 gig. Corsair xms memory. matched pair
Video ATI 9800 Pro 128 megs
Harddrive Western Digital 40 gig.
Power Supply Antec 430 Watt.
OS Windows XP Home Edition.

I hope this helps a little. Thanks for your time.

Tom wrote:
> My system:
> Motherboard An35n-Ultra
> Memory 1 gig. Corsair xms memory. matched pair
> Video ATI 9800 Pro 128 megs
> Harddrive Western Digital 40 gig.
> Power Supply Antec 430 Watt.
> OS Windows XP Home Edition.
>

> I hope this helps a little. Thanks for your time.

If it's working properly the Antec 430 is more than enough for your
setup. How warm does your system get? Are you overclocking your
processor? I use MBM to monitor my temps and my idle is around 36c and
will get up to 42-44c using Prime95 (room temp 76-78f). You might also
check for leaking capacitors, although the AN35N has never had a history
of bad caps.

--
FRH

Tom wrote:
> My system:
> Motherboard An35n-Ultra
> Memory 1 gig. Corsair xms memory. matched pair
> Video ATI 9800 Pro 128 megs
> Harddrive Western Digital 40 gig.
> Power Supply Antec 430 Watt.
> OS Windows XP Home Edition.

With no processor, I'm amazed you can play games at all!

Make sure that windows is not set to reboot automatically on errors.
Actually, I forget exactly how to do that with XP. Something in Control
Panel | System, I think. In Win2k, it's Control Panel | System | Advanced
tab | Startup and Recovery, Automatically Reboot (on System Failure).
That way, you can see the error message, if there is one.

See if you can give your Radeon more voltage, 1.6v or 1.7v or so. What
voltage (Vdimm) are you feeding your memory? Make sure you are giving
it the full 2.7v allowed by the AN35-N.

My AN35-N would only run 183 MHz FSB with my Corsair XMS 3500
in dual channel mode with CPU Interface set to Aggressive. Only by
running in single channel mode was I able to run 200 MHz FSB. This speed
in single channel resulted in more memory bandwidth.

Get yourself a bootable CD or floppy with Memtest and make sure you are
not getting memory errors. Check your system stability with Prime95 torture
test.

Fishface wrote:>

> With no processor, I'm amazed you can play games at all!

LOL! ROTF! Good point!

--
FRH