AMD Athalon 4600+ X2 Freezes after 5 min

First shuttle pc, dual core athalon 4600+, corsair expensive ($135/G)
memory x2, boots fine, flashed motherboard, works well, but system
freezes after say 5 min while configuring WinSBS 2003. Reset fixes this,
but then freezes again. If not actively installing, system did not
freeze. Any thoughts? This is the XPC SN25 motherboard unit.

TIA
2 answers Last reply
More about athalon 4600 freezes
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Long story short: Shuttle is aware of the problem and is telling us they
    are actively working on isolating and resolving the problem.

    Check us out over here:
    http://forums.sudhian.com/categories.aspx?catid=43&flcache=1253516

    ....lots of related threads, mainly revolving around the SN25P, X2's with
    both cores and USB2 high-speed devices running. Configuring the BIOS for
    USB 1.1 mode solves the problem.

    If you absolutely have to have USB2 speed, I'm afraid your only other
    choice is to boot Windows into single-core mode (/onecpu switch in
    boot.ini).

    Please take the time to tell shuttle about your problem via the support
    pages at www.shuttle.com.

    Frank Perdue wrote:
    > First shuttle pc, dual core athalon 4600+, corsair expensive ($135/G)
    > memory x2, boots fine, flashed motherboard, works well, but system
    > freezes after say 5 min while configuring WinSBS 2003. Reset fixes this,
    > but then freezes again. If not actively installing, system did not
    > freeze. Any thoughts? This is the XPC SN25 motherboard unit.
    >
    > TIA

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    If you are still experiencing problems after running with single core
    or USB 1.1, then try replacing the Serial ATA cables that come with the
    Shuttle if you have a SATA hard drive. The Shuttle SATA cables have
    known to been faulty.

    The following links can help:
    http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=43&threadid=79337&highlight_key=y&keyword1=SN25P
    http://forums.sudhian.com/messageview.aspx?catid=43&threadid=80305&highlight_key=y&keyword1=SN25P