Unidentified Expansion Slot

Probably an ACR slot which supports a card with Audio, LAN and Modem.

Did you try reading your motherboard manual?
--
Cari
(MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)

"M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message

> I have a PC with a Chaintec Motherboard. It has a blue expansion slot
> beside the PCI slots which I can not identify see
> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/6aiv_L.jpg
> Does anyone know what this is?

"M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message
>I have a PC with a Chaintec Motherboard. It has a blue expansion slot
>beside the PCI slots which I can not identify see
>http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/6aiv_L.jpg
> Does anyone know what this is?

http://www.chaintech.com.tw/tw/eng/product_spec.asp?MPSNo=13&PISNo=94

It's called an ACR slot.
It supports a modem / audio / LAN riser card, a bit like a AMR slot.
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/image/10185/

--
Best Regards,
Ron Lowe

Thanks. I did read the manual and it does mention one ACR slot and one CNR
slot. What it doesn't do is make it clear where on the board they are. The
PC actually came with only one expansion card, the modem which was in a PCI
slot. Can this slot be used for anything else?

> Probably an ACR slot which supports a card with Audio, LAN and Modem.
>
> Did you try reading your motherboard manual?
> --
> Cari
> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>
> "M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a PC with a Chaintec Motherboard. It has a blue expansion slot
>> beside the PCI slots which I can not identify see
>> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/6aiv_L.jpg
>> Does anyone know what this is?

If you're not using the modem you can remove it and install anything else
that uses a standard PCI slot. None of my desktops have modems in them.
The notebooks do, but only because they're built in and can't be removed.
--

> Thanks. I did read the manual and it does mention one ACR slot and one
> CNR slot. What it doesn't do is make it clear where on the board they
> are. The PC actually came with only one expansion card, the modem which
> was in a PCI slot. Can this slot be used for anything else?
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Probably an ACR slot which supports a card with Audio, LAN and Modem.
>>
>> Did you try reading your motherboard manual?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I have a PC with a Chaintec Motherboard. It has a blue expansion slot
>>> beside the PCI slots which I can not identify see
>>> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/6aiv_L.jpg
>>> Does anyone know what this is?

use any PCI slot for *any* PCI type card e.g. video cards, modems, sound
cards, network cards etc etc etc.

"M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message
> Thanks. I did read the manual and it does mention one ACR slot and one
> CNR slot. What it doesn't do is make it clear where on the board they
> are. The PC actually came with only one expansion card, the modem which
> was in a PCI slot. Can this slot be used for anything else?
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <Newsgroups1@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Probably an ACR slot which supports a card with Audio, LAN and Modem.
>>
>> Did you try reading your motherboard manual?
>> --
>> Cari
>> (MS-MVP Printing & Imaging)
>>
>> "M" <spamtrap@spambouncer.org> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I have a PC with a Chaintec Motherboard. It has a blue expansion slot
>>> beside the PCI slots which I can not identify see
>>> http://www.chaintechusa.com/tw/images/Products/Motherboard/6aiv_L.jpg
>>> Does anyone know what this is?

TRENDING THREADS