AK31

I have a Shuttle AK31 socketA motherboard that I have been running about 3
years now. What is the fastest Athlon processor that I can use with this
board? I'm running a 1.74GHz now.
2 answers Last reply
More about ak31
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Herb wrote:
    > I have a Shuttle AK31 socketA motherboard that I have been running about 3
    > years now. What is the fastest Athlon processor that I can use with this
    > board? I'm running a 1.74GHz now.

    CPU Support: Socket A CPU
    AMD Duron CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB
    AMD Athlon CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB

    Front Side Bus
    Including 100/103/105/110/112/120/124/133/140/150 MHz

    Multiplier
    From x5 to x 12.5 by hardware jumper

    I'll add that you can "use" any AMD chip designed for a Socket A
    motherboard. You might not be able to get full use of it's potential,
    for example, a Barton XP3200. But then again you could upgrade later to
    a nF2 Socket A board and you could use the full potential of the Barton
    (or other CPU). Or just go all out and get an AMD64 with appropriate
    motherboard, but I suspect you're working on a budget so that's a bit
    extreme.

    --
    Ranger Rick

    --
    Ranger Rick
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.shuttle (More info?)

    Thanks Rick, I'll probly wait and go all out with a new motherboard...

    Herb

    "Ranger_Rick" <killspam@none.net> wrote in message
    > Herb wrote:
    >> I have a Shuttle AK31 socketA motherboard that I have been running about
    >> 3 years now. What is the fastest Athlon processor that I can use with
    >> this board? I'm running a 1.74GHz now.
    > CPU Support: Socket A CPU
    > AMD Duron CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB
    > AMD Athlon CPU with 200 / 266MHz FSB
    >
    > Front Side Bus
    > Including 100/103/105/110/112/120/124/133/140/150 MHz
    >
    > Multiplier
    > From x5 to x 12.5 by hardware jumper
    >
    > I'll add that you can "use" any AMD chip designed for a Socket A
    > motherboard. You might not be able to get full use of it's potential, for
    > example, a Barton XP3200. But then again you could upgrade later to a nF2
    > Socket A board and you could use the full potential of the Barton (or
    > other CPU). Or just go all out and get an AMD64 with appropriate
    > motherboard, but I suspect you're working on a budget so that's a bit
    > extreme.
    >
    > --
    > Ranger Rick
    >
    > --