diggy

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2004

I've been unable to burn anything with my DVD/CD-RW lately, and recently I
realized that when I insert a CD with files already on it, then Explorer
tells me it's file system is CDFS, but when I put in a blank CD then
Explorer is reporting it as RAW. Is this related to my CD burning problem,
or is this normal behavior?

I'm not able to write to either a CD with pre-existing files on it, or a
brand new CD.

"Diggy" <jamesOU812@hotmail.com> wrote:

>I've been unable to burn anything with my DVD/CD-RW lately, and recently I
>realized that when I insert a CD with files already on it, then Explorer
>tells me it's file system is CDFS, but when I put in a blank CD then
>Explorer is reporting it as RAW. Is this related to my CD burning problem,
>or is this normal behavior?

See "How to Troubleshoot Issues That Occur When You Write Data to a
CD-R or CD-RW Optical Disc in Windows XP"
(http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324129).

--
(tm)