Removing printer software - HPLaserJet IIIP

My old HPIIIP printer has served it's time and I've installed a new
printer in it's place. Didn't consider uninstalling the software until
after the deed was done! Is there a protocol for this? Do I just go
into my files and erase every reference to the printer? Assume it is
still in the registry and other places that I don't know about. Any
advice would be appreciated.

Molin Vardo

Jim

"Molin Vardo" <molingfort@netscape.net> wrote in message
> My old HPIIIP printer has served it's time and I've installed a new
> printer in it's place. Didn't consider uninstalling the software until
> after the deed was done! Is there a protocol for this? Do I just go
> into my files and erase every reference to the printer? Assume it is
> still in the registry and other places that I don't know about. Any
> advice would be appreciated.
Which OS and which version? Also, isn't this a postscript printer?
Jim

Alan

"Jim" <j.n@nospam.com> wrote in message news:<USjIc.14627$Ap3.2978@newssvr24.news.prodigy.com>...
> "Molin Vardo" <molingfort@netscape.net> wrote in message
> > My old HPIIIP printer has served it's time and I've installed a new

> Which OS and which version? Also, isn't this a postscript printer?
> Jim

No, the "P" in IIIP means "Personal", it's a smaller version of the
III, runs PCL5. You could get a PS cartridge for it but not built in
AFAIK.

See <http://www.printerworks.com/Printers/Laser-Printers.html> for
basic info on older HP lasers.