iPAQ 5550 - Bluetooth Settings do not stay.

July 19, 2004 6:15:03 PM

Hello,

I'd like to inquire if anyone else has seen this behaviour in
their iPAQ's (Namely the 55xx models) and perhaps even could
tell me how to resolve this if possible.

When I open the Bluetooth Settings from the icon at the lower
right of the Today screen and edit these to my preferences,
after a soft reset all settings except the Name field in
Device Identification on the Accessibility tab are retained.
None of the following settings will stick:

[Tab]Accessibility: Allow other devices to connect: Paired devices only
(Default setting: All Devices)
[Tab]File Transfer: Authentication (Passkey) required, Encryption required
My shared folder: \My Documents\My Received Files
[Tab]Information Exchange: Authentication (Passkey) required, Encryption
required
Business Card: <Inserted my BC here>
[Tab]Serial Port: Authentication (Passkey) required, Encryption required
[Tab]Dial-up Networking: Authentication (Passkey) required, Encryption
required
[Tab]Personal Network Server: Authentication (Passkey) required,
Encryption required
[Tab]Audio Gateway: Authentication (Passkey) required, Encryption required

Basicly, none of the settings I will stick in the Bluetooth manager
settings of my iPAQ. Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks in advance.

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Update to the latest rom, Hp broke that in the previous rom but it's fixed
in the latest rom.

rights...

!