SB81P & Card reader...

Hi all!

Anyone else having trouble with the integrated card reader in the SB81P? I see the thing is physically present, but Windows does not see it at all, not even as unknown device. It's like the reader is
not plugged in... But it IS plugged in... :-/

Regards,
Evert

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

Do you have the USB 2.0 drivers installed? Check the connections to the
actual board, and to the junction and to the motherboard.

Some folks were having trouble with that thing trying to take the C
position during install, I suppose your hard drive is C and not
something else.

Clark

Evert Meulie wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Anyone else having trouble with the integrated card reader in the
> SB81P? I see the thing is physically present, but Windows does not see
> it at all, not even as unknown device. It's like the reader is not
> plugged in... But it IS plugged in... :-/
>

> Regards,
> Evert

Stephen

On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:51:54 +0200, Evert Meulie <evert@witelcom.net>
had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>Hi all!
>
>Anyone else having trouble with the integrated card reader in the SB81P? I see the thing is physically present, but Windows does not see it at all, not even as unknown device. It's like the reader is
>not plugged in... But it IS plugged in... :-/
>

>Regards,
> Evert

I have this problem once in a while with my SN85G4. The only thing
that works for me is while the pc is on, disconnect, wait a bit and
then reconnect.

It also happens with a one on my Abit IC7-Max3.

Stephen

I have never had a problem with it.. in fact I leave it unplugged most
of the time because it is a pain. :)

Worked fine with a clean Windows XP (original, SP1 and SP2) install.

Andrew

I do have USB-2.0 drivers installed, but it doesn't even get that far. If this was a driver problem, the card reader would show as unknown device, right?
The card reader doesn't show at all, like it is physically not connected. But it IS connected... The cable seems to be intact, and the same goes for the connector on the MB.

Evert

Stephen wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:51:54 +0200, Evert Meulie <evert@witelcom.net>
> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>

>>Hi all!
>>
>>Anyone else having trouble with the integrated card reader in the SB81P? I see the thing is physically present, but Windows does not see it at all, not even as unknown device. It's like the reader is
>>not plugged in... But it IS plugged in... :-/
>>

>>Regards,
>> Evert
>

> I have this problem once in a while with my SN85G4. The only thing
> that works for me is while the pc is on, disconnect, wait a bit and
> then reconnect.
>
> It also happens with a one on my Abit IC7-Max3.
>
> Stephen

Hmm, that is something I haven't tried yet: plugging/unplugging while the machine is up. But will it make any difference? My SB81P has NEVER been able to see the card reader...
Is there a way I can check the hardware functionality? Are there any leds that are supposed to light up when a CF is plugged in? Any pins/contacts that should receive a certain voltage?

Evert

Stephen

On Wed, 28 Sep 2005 09:23:40 +0200, Evert Meulie <evert@witelcom.net>
had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:

>Stephen wrote:
>> On Tue, 27 Sep 2005 09:51:54 +0200, Evert Meulie <evert@witelcom.net>
>> had a flock of green cheek conures squawk out:
>>

>>>Hi all!
>>>
>>>Anyone else having trouble with the integrated card reader in the SB81P? I see the thing is physically present, but Windows does not see it at all, not even as unknown device. It's like the reader is
>>>not plugged in... But it IS plugged in... :-/
>>>

>>>Regards,
>>> Evert
>>

>> I have this problem once in a while with my SN85G4. The only thing
>> that works for me is while the pc is on, disconnect, wait a bit and
>> then reconnect.
>>
>> It also happens with a one on my Abit IC7-Max3.
>>
>> Stephen
>

>Hmm, that is something I haven't tried yet: plugging/unplugging while the machine is up. But will it make any difference? My SB81P has NEVER been able to see the card reader...
>Is there a way I can check the hardware functionality? Are there any leds that are supposed to light up when a CF is plugged in? Any pins/contacts that should receive a certain voltage?
>

> Evert

The first few times it happened, I just switched the cable to the
other connector. My SN85G4 doesn't have any leds for just the reader.

USB enabled in the bios? If the ports are working already, then it
shouldn't be this.

Stephen
--

Donnieb55

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014

Donnieb55

Honorable
Jan 10, 2014
My Pavilion desktop quit recognizing my internal card reader after I upgraded to windows 8.1. I have called HP and Microsoft, but no help. I was able to import my images one time after the upgrade and it doesn't see the reader anymore. HP says a lot of people are having this issue. Microsoft says there will probably be an update some time down the road to fix, but no time soon. I went and bought a cheap USB card reader and it works fine. There is an issue with the Alcor Micro USB Card Reader Driver Version 20.21.3317.03861 and Windows 8.1. It all worked fine until I upgraded. I hope this helps.