MV43 v3.1 MOBO

Last response: in Motherboards
a b à CPUs
a b V Motherboard
September 28, 2005 12:38:20 AM

I have a MV43 v3.1 MOBO and it has a p4 2.4 CPU and 512 DDR 333 T

The computer Starts great runs smooth.
Heres the problem. It reads the CPU and runs it at 1.8 ghz. also the
ram is only showing 224mb..plus the CPU fan is no longer working on
the MOBO so I plugged it into the adapter for my frontpanel fan.

I have tried getting BIOS updates but nothing works i keep getting the
Error 2 - File does not exist and also I swapped the BIOS battery out
and still no work. the battery wasnt new but it came from my other PC
that works great.

PLEASE HELP.

Thanks.

Topic URL: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/Shuttle-MV43-v3-MOBO-ftop...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.hardwareforumz.com/eform.php?p=315738

More about : mv43 mobo

September 28, 2005 6:18:18 AM

The CPU fan needs to be connected to the correct connector. Many
motherboards monitor that fan and some will not even start if it is not
plugged in to the correct connector. Do you know why the plug does not
work? If the CPU doesn't think it is being cooled, it might be
throttled to a lower speed.

If it isn't that, is the processor a 2.4 C that has an 800MHz FSB? If
it is and you are running it in a 533 FSB motherboard, it won't run full
speed. Have you checked to make sure both the memory and CPU are
correct for that motherboard?

Is this a new motherboard?

Clark

!