USB 2.0 Hub Not being recognizing hardware

Hi
I have a 477mhz desktop PC with a dfi CW35 Motherboard and 256M or ram.
I have just installed PCI USB2.0 card. from ST Lab.
Device manager says the card is working fine, no exclamation marks, Enhanced
USB adapter showing.
When I plug a device in to the card it does not register at all, any
thoughts would be welcome.

Thanks in advance

Tim

Try a different PCI Slot.
"ravenstar" <ravenstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> I have a 477mhz desktop PC with a dfi CW35 Motherboard and 256M or ram.
> I have just installed PCI USB2.0 card. from ST Lab.
> Device manager says the card is working fine, no exclamation marks,
> Enhanced
> USB adapter showing.
> When I plug a device in to the card it does not register at all, any
> thoughts would be welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tim

Hi Rich
Already tried that with no joy.
Just a thought could the pci slots not be providing enough power?
It is quite an old board.

"Rich Barry" wrote:

> Try a different PCI Slot.
> "ravenstar" <ravenstar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi
> > I have a 477mhz desktop PC with a dfi CW35 Motherboard and 256M or ram.
> > I have just installed PCI USB2.0 card. from ST Lab.
> > Device manager says the card is working fine, no exclamation marks,
> > Enhanced
> > USB adapter showing.
> > When I plug a device in to the card it does not register at all, any
> > thoughts would be welcome.
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Tim

whats the device you tested? maybe try a basic keyboard or mouse if you
haven't.

ravenstar wrote:
> Hi
> I have a 477mhz desktop PC with a dfi CW35 Motherboard and 256M or ram.
> I have just installed PCI USB2.0 card. from ST Lab.
> Device manager says the card is working fine, no exclamation marks, Enhanced
> USB adapter showing.
> When I plug a device in to the card it does not register at all, any
> thoughts would be welcome.
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> Tim

TRENDING THREADS