Software Uninstall HPLaserJet IIIP

My old HPIIIP printer has served it's time and I've installed a new
printer in it's place. Didn't consider uninstalling the software until
after the deed was done! Is there a protocol for this? Do I just go
into my files and erase every reference to the printer? Assume it is
still in the registry and other places that I don't know about. Any
advice would be appreciated.

Molin Vardo

Alan

Molin Vardo <tovitage@netscape.net> wrote in message news:<40f17201$1_1@news.iglou.com>...
> My old HPIIIP printer has served it's time and I've installed a new
> printer in it's place. Didn't consider uninstalling the software until
> after the deed was done! Is there a protocol for this? Do I just go
> into my files and erase every reference to the printer? Assume it is
> still in the registry and other places that I don't know about. Any
> advice would be appreciated.

Most likely you used the built in driver, the driver file is part of
your standard Windows files, you don;t want to delete it. So you can
just go to Settings:printers (or Control panel: Printers) , select
your new printer, right click and "Set as Default", then select your
HPIII printer icon there and right-click, "Delete". That should be it.
Most applications just use the default printer, they don't remember
which specific one you used.

PS -- you posted this question three times. Try not to do that.

7ibehx001@sneakemail.com (Alan) wrote in message news:<2a7ef8ef.0407112104.774c1882@posting.google.com>...

> PS -- you posted this question three times. Try not to do that.

And I posted twice -- blame Google for apparently dying with no
indication of success.

Really only posted once. Don't know what the other two were - but when
I first came on today - there was only one posting from me and one reply
from "The Crow". Answered "Crow"s response and found yours. What would
be the "Google" problem? (Or does that belong in another area?) Had a
problem some months ago of ALL messages getting repeated - apparently
every time I opened the message file. I've forgotten the cure,
recommended by someone in the "Netscape" forum -but will look it up and
see if I can fix it again.