KT-400 Dragon Ultra Platinum- RAID problems

Hi. I am trying to set up RAID 1 on a brand new KT-400 Dragon Ultra Platinum
MoBo. 2 160Gig Seagate drives, Both master, one on IDE3, One on IDE4, Both
brand new raw drives, no partition. Have been through the bios multiple
times, when the RAID controller is enabled (Highpoint controller onboard),
and you go to set up the RAID array with <ctrl>+<h> the RAID controller BIOS
does not come up. If you remove both drives you CAN get into the RAID setup,
of course you can't do anything as no drives are connected. Do the drives
have to be partitioned first or have I got some kind of goofy conflict going
on. I was wanting to set up RAID, then install windows XP. I have an Athlon
XP2500+, 512MB DDR333, and a NVIDIA AGP card. Everything else is built on
the board, nothing in any PCI slots. Any help appreciated.

Set both drivers to CS (Cable select).

Daniel

"Ampdoc" <ampdoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I am trying to set up RAID 1 on a brand new KT-400 Dragon Ultra
Platinum
> MoBo. 2 160Gig Seagate drives, Both master, one on IDE3, One on IDE4, Both
> brand new raw drives, no partition. Have been through the bios multiple
> times, when the RAID controller is enabled (Highpoint controller onboard),
> and you go to set up the RAID array with <ctrl>+<h> the RAID controller
BIOS
> does not come up. If you remove both drives you CAN get into the RAID
setup,
> of course you can't do anything as no drives are connected. Do the drives
> have to be partitioned first or have I got some kind of goofy conflict
going
> on. I was wanting to set up RAID, then install windows XP. I have an
Athlon
> XP2500+, 512MB DDR333, and a NVIDIA AGP card. Everything else is built on
> the board, nothing in any PCI slots. Any help appreciated.

Thanks for the reply. I tried that with no success.

"Midnight" <Midnight@Midnight.com> wrote in message
> Set both drivers to CS (Cable select).
>
> Daniel
>
> "Ampdoc" <ampdoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hi. I am trying to set up RAID 1 on a brand new KT-400 Dragon Ultra
> Platinum
> > MoBo. 2 160Gig Seagate drives, Both master, one on IDE3, One on IDE4,
Both
> > brand new raw drives, no partition. Have been through the bios multiple
> > times, when the RAID controller is enabled (Highpoint controller
onboard),
> > and you go to set up the RAID array with <ctrl>+<h> the RAID controller
> BIOS
> > does not come up. If you remove both drives you CAN get into the RAID
> setup,
> > of course you can't do anything as no drives are connected. Do the
drives
> > have to be partitioned first or have I got some kind of goofy conflict
> going
> > on. I was wanting to set up RAID, then install windows XP. I have an
> Athlon
> > XP2500+, 512MB DDR333, and a NVIDIA AGP card. Everything else is built
on
> > the board, nothing in any PCI slots. Any help appreciated.

Are you puting each drive on it's own IDE port? Have you tested the drive
on the onboard standard IDE to ensure you don't have a faulty drive? Check
to be sure the drives are plugged all the way in. I had a drive that
appeared to be plugged in, but I found out later that it one of the little
medel posts pushed back and didnt' plug in. Also check to ensure that you
don't have one of the pins bent when you plugged in the rybon cable. And
also double check that you didnt' somehow accidently plug in the rybon cable
backwards.

> Thanks for the reply. I tried that with no success.
>
> "Midnight" <Midnight@Midnight.com> wrote in message
> > Set both drivers to CS (Cable select).
> >
> > Daniel
> >
> > "Ampdoc" <ampdoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi. I am trying to set up RAID 1 on a brand new KT-400 Dragon Ultra
> > Platinum
> > > MoBo. 2 160Gig Seagate drives, Both master, one on IDE3, One on IDE4,
> Both
> > > brand new raw drives, no partition. Have been through the bios
multiple
> > > times, when the RAID controller is enabled (Highpoint controller
> onboard),
> > > and you go to set up the RAID array with <ctrl>+<h> the RAID
controller
> > BIOS
> > > does not come up. If you remove both drives you CAN get into the RAID
> > setup,
> > > of course you can't do anything as no drives are connected. Do the
> drives
> > > have to be partitioned first or have I got some kind of goofy conflict
> > going
> > > on. I was wanting to set up RAID, then install windows XP. I have an
> > Athlon
> > > XP2500+, 512MB DDR333, and a NVIDIA AGP card. Everything else is built
> on
> > > the board, nothing in any PCI slots. Any help appreciated.

James

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Hi. Answering back from work. Problem was the BIOS. it had KV7VX4-2AA4 bios
originally, flashing the latest BIOS allowed the Highpoint controller to
"see" the 160 gig drives correctly. Thanks for your help.
Ampdoc
> Are you puting each drive on it's own IDE port? Have you tested the drive
> on the onboard standard IDE to ensure you don't have a faulty drive?
Check
> to be sure the drives are plugged all the way in. I had a drive that
> appeared to be plugged in, but I found out later that it one of the little
> medel posts pushed back and didnt' plug in. Also check to ensure that you
> don't have one of the pins bent when you plugged in the rybon cable. And
> also double check that you didnt' somehow accidently plug in the rybon
cable
> backwards.
>
> Daniel
>

> "Ampdoc" <ampdoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks for the reply. I tried that with no success.
> >
> > "Midnight" <Midnight@Midnight.com> wrote in message
> > > Set both drivers to CS (Cable select).
> > >
> > > Daniel
> > >
> > > "Ampdoc" <ampdoc@NOSPAMhotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Platinum
IDE4,
> > Both
> multiple
> > onboard),
> controller
> > > BIOS
RAID
> > > setup,
> > drives
> > > going
> > > Athlon
> > on

I was wondering about that, was going to be my next suggestion. Glad to
hear all is good... Take care.

Daniel