From: baer
Subject: Soyo board v CPU fan

I tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with 'Area51' regarding his CPU fan
problem -- perhaps you could pass this along to him and put him back in
touch with me directly. I cannot connect with the news groups, myself.

His difficulty appears to be a defective 'CPU_FAN1' connector. A quick fix
should be to take the power from the 'CHA_FAN' connector at the bottom of
the board.

This board also doesn't seem to mount to the enclosure properly -- I am
curious to know if he has notice a mounting problem with his.

With Thanks-
Baer

Frank wrote:
> Received this from "baer" asking me to pass it along
> Frank
>
> From: baer
> Subject: Soyo board v CPU fan
>
> I tried unsuccessfully to get in touch with 'Area51' regarding his CPU fan
> problem -- perhaps you could pass this along to him and put him back in
> touch with me directly. I cannot connect with the news groups, myself.
>
> His difficulty appears to be a defective 'CPU_FAN1' connector. A quick fix
> should be to take the power from the 'CHA_FAN' connector at the bottom of
> the board.
>
> This board also doesn't seem to mount to the enclosure properly -- I am
> curious to know if he has notice a mounting problem with his.
>
> With Thanks-
> Baer

Hi,

I got it working. You have to have the AUX/4-pin molex power supply
plugged in next to the CPU. http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=103
I thought this was only for the P-IV chip. The manual does not mention
this is necessary, but it is. After I plugged it in the heatsink fan
spun right up. I use the chasis fan for my front case fan. I paid to
have the MB tested, and I think mwave updated the BIOS because I have
the latest. :) I ran my PC for about 4 days before shutting it down and
in that time I didn't notice any problems. My CPU temp is usually around
45 C.
I didn't have any trouble mounting the MB into my Antec case
http://www.antec-inc.com/us/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=91600
except to move one riser.
I'm happy with my MB and AMD 2600+ for ~$100.

Area51

frank

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"area51" <invalid@invalid.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I got it working. You have to have the AUX/4-pin molex power supply
> plugged in next to the CPU. http://www.soyousa.com/kb/kbdesc.php?id=103
> I thought this was only for the P-IV chip. The manual does not mention
> this is necessary, but it is. After I plugged it in the heatsink fan
> spun right up. I use the chasis fan for my front case fan. I paid to
> have the MB tested, and I think mwave updated the BIOS because I have
> the latest. :) I ran my PC for about 4 days before shutting it down and
> in that time I didn't notice any problems. My CPU temp is usually around
> 45 C.
> I didn't have any trouble mounting the MB into my Antec case
> http://www.antec-inc.com/us/pro_details_enclosure.php?ProdID=91600
> except to move one riser.
> I'm happy with my MB and AMD 2600+ for ~$100.
>
> Area51

I will forward this along to BAER.... think his is having troubles with
newsgroups. THANKS

Frank