p4x400 dragon lite & p4 2.8 800

Last response: in Motherboards
Share
April 8, 2004 9:56:58 AM

I have the dragon lite mb and i just upgraded from a p4 1.7 to a p4 2.8
w/ 800FSB & hyper-threading. I upgraded the bios to the latest revision,
but I can only get it to run at 1.4 GHz and 400 FSB. I know there is some
bios setting i am supposed to be tweaking out, but i have no idea which one.
Any help?

More about : p4x400 dragon lite 800

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 8, 2004 11:46:41 AM

"Pierre" <jpconques@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:<KQ5dc.6590$mX.3119751@twister.nyc.rr.com>...

Your motherboard does not support the P4 800Mhz cpu's. This board only
supports the 400Mhz and 533Mhz processors. You would need to overclock
the motherboard FSB to 200Mhz which is way to high for this board to
run at. The only hyper-threading processor this board will support is
the 533Mhz 3.06 P-4. There is no BIOS update to support the 800Mhz P-4
processors for this board.

!