soyo dragon mainboard problem

Assembled daughter's machine early last year. Failed this am but she lost
the soyo doc.
Power up and emits one short beep the a long beep 15-20 secs then the
mainboard fans and long beep stops.turn off.
There is a green LED on bottom of board which stay lit as long as PS is
plugged into wall.
Any ideas appreciated.
Thank you,
Seamus J. Wilson
4 answers Last reply
More about soyo dragon mainboard problem

    "Sligo" <sligo@cox.net> wrote in message news:<xOUec.6105$ab3.3264@fed1read02>...
    > Assembled daughter's machine early last year. Failed this am but she lost
    > the soyo doc.
    > Power up and emits one short beep the a long beep 15-20 secs then the
    > mainboard fans and long beep stops.turn off.
    > There is a green LED on bottom of board which stay lit as long as PS is
    > plugged into wall.
    > Any ideas appreciated.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

    Soyo made many different boards with the Dragon name. What model do you
    have? One possible cause is the FOC (fan off control)shutting down the
    power supply to prevent cpu damage. Your cpu fan may have slowed down
    enough to trigger it's operation. It senses fan rpm, and it will activate
    below about 2000 rpm. You can hold down the insert key on the keyboard
    while powering on and see if you can get into the bios setup section.
    Under the PC Health section you can disable the FOC to test. Make sure
    the cpu fan is at least turning before you try.

    Andy

    Andy
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Reset the CMOS by placing the jumper on pins 2-3 for about 15 seconds. I
    think it is the J5 jumper. It is right next to the green light that you
    mentioned.

    When you start it up, hold the "insert" key down on the keyboard until the
    system starts to POST. Enter the BIOS settings and disable the Fan Over
    Heat option (FOC). If it doesn't boot up, then let the system sit for a few
    minutes & then try starting it up again holding the "insert" key down.

    I had a similar thing happen to my KT-400 DUP this week.

    You also may want to flash the BIOS.

    Hope this helps.

    "Sligo" <sligo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > Assembled daughter's machine early last year. Failed this am but she lost
    > the soyo doc.
    > Power up and emits one short beep the a long beep 15-20 secs then the
    > mainboard fans and long beep stops.turn off.
    > There is a green LED on bottom of board which stay lit as long as PS is
    > plugged into wall.
    > Any ideas appreciated.
    > Thank you,
    > Seamus J. Wilson

  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    Thank you for the informative reply.
    Best,
    Seamus J.
    "acajka" <acajka@suscom.net> wrote in message
    > "Sligo" <sligo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Assembled daughter's machine early last year. Failed this am but she
    lost
    > > the soyo doc.
    > > Power up and emits one short beep the a long beep 15-20 secs then the
    > > mainboard fans and long beep stops.turn off.
    > > There is a green LED on bottom of board which stay lit as long as PS is
    > > plugged into wall.
    > > Any ideas appreciated.
    > > Thank you,
    > > Seamus J. Wilson
    >

    > Soyo made many different boards with the Dragon name. What model do you
    > have? One possible cause is the FOC (fan off control)shutting down the
    > power supply to prevent cpu damage. Your cpu fan may have slowed down
    > enough to trigger it's operation. It senses fan rpm, and it will activate
    > below about 2000 rpm. You can hold down the insert key on the keyboard
    > while powering on and see if you can get into the bios setup section.
    > Under the PC Health section you can disable the FOC to test. Make sure
    > the cpu fan is at least turning before you try.
    >
    > Andy
    >

    > Andy
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    It is a KT333 Dragon Lite.
    Thanks for helpful response.
    Seamus J.
    "acajka" <acajka@suscom.net> wrote in message
    > "Sligo" <sligo@cox.net> wrote in message
    > > Assembled daughter's machine early last year. Failed this am but she
    lost
    > > the soyo doc.
    > > Power up and emits one short beep the a long beep 15-20 secs then the
    > > mainboard fans and long beep stops.turn off.
    > > There is a green LED on bottom of board which stay lit as long as PS is
    > > plugged into wall.
    > > Any ideas appreciated.
    > > Thank you,
    > > Seamus J. Wilson
    >

    > Soyo made many different boards with the Dragon name. What model do you
    > have? One possible cause is the FOC (fan off control)shutting down the
    > power supply to prevent cpu damage. Your cpu fan may have slowed down
    > enough to trigger it's operation. It senses fan rpm, and it will activate
    > below about 2000 rpm. You can hold down the insert key on the keyboard
    > while powering on and see if you can get into the bios setup section.
    > Under the PC Health section you can disable the FOC to test. Make sure
    > the cpu fan is at least turning before you try.
    >
    > Andy
    >

    > Andy

Soyo Power Up LED Monitor Motherboards