Help needed Upgrading CPU on SY-K7VXA - Dragon Plus!

I've just tried to use a AMD XP2100+ Palamino CPU to replace the XP1700
that's in my Dragon Plus! system. The new CPU is known to be functional but
when I swap the chips my system will not even run POST. I'm using the 2ba7
bios which is set to auto-detect the CPU multiplier. Can anyone tell me if
there is anything, other than swapping the CPU chips, that I should be doing
when upgrading the CPU. I've searched the SOYO website as well as this
newsgroup but have not been able to find anything relevant.

Thanks in advance,
Doug Turner

P.S. Using 2x512 mg crucial DDR sticks in slots 1 & 3 with timing by SPD.
I don't know if this makes any difference.

On Wed, 14 Apr 2004 11:28:52 -0400, "Doug Turner"
<NoReplyPlease@nospam.com> wrote:

>I've just tried to use a AMD XP2100+ Palamino CPU to replace the XP1700
>that's in my Dragon Plus! system. The new CPU is known to be functional but
>when I swap the chips my system will not even run POST. I'm using the 2ba7
>bios which is set to auto-detect the CPU multiplier. Can anyone tell me if
>there is anything, other than swapping the CPU chips, that I should be doing
>when upgrading the CPU. I've searched the SOYO website as well as this
>newsgroup but have not been able to find anything relevant.

AFAIR you have to clear the CMOS with 2ba7
when changing the CPU.
Be sure there is a working (rpm >1000) Systemfan
connected at the board, or the Healthcheck stops
Sys again.
kind regards
Wolfgang

Wolfgang:
Thanks for the information. I cleared the CMOS when I flashed it but I
didn't realize that I had to do so again when I changed the CPU. Your help
is appreciated.
Doug