Dell D610 Graphics

I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says

Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets.
This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics card.

So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these drivers?

Thanks
6 answers Last reply
More about dell d610 graphics

    & install Hi,

    Intel just give you the warning that if you are using another vedio card
    other than the on-board Intel vedio chips, don't download the intel vedio
    drivers.
    So if your laptop is using Intel GMA900 chipset, you can download the latest
    drivers from Intel. However, the latest GMA 900 drivers may not be WHQL, I
    would suggest you to download the WHQL drivers from Dell.

    --
    Peter

    "Clayton" wrote:

    > I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
    > www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says
    >
    > Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel® chipsets.
    > This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics card.
    >
    > So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these drivers?
    >
    > Thanks

    The Dell Latitude D610 with 915PM express chipset has an ATI Radeon X300
    graphics adapter (PCI-Express bus).

    The Dell Latitude D610 with 915GM express chipset has an integrated Intel
    graphics adapter.

    Only you can know the version of the D610 that you have. If it is 915GM then
    use the Intel drivers.

    --
    Jonah
    "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
    >www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says
    >
    > Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel®
    > chipsets. This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics
    > card.
    >
    > So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these drivers?
    >
    > Thanks

    I know what chipset I have, it's the Intel graphics chipset, my question is
    still unanswered

    "Sleepless in Seattle" <jonah@guest.com> wrote in message
    > The Dell Latitude D610 with 915PM express chipset has an ATI Radeon X300
    > graphics adapter (PCI-Express bus).
    >
    > The Dell Latitude D610 with 915GM express chipset has an integrated Intel
    > graphics adapter.
    >
    > Only you can know the version of the D610 that you have. If it is 915GM
    > then use the Intel drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Jonah
    > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >>I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
    >>www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says
    >>
    >> Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel®
    >> chipsets. This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics
    >> card.
    >>
    >> So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these
    >> drivers?
    >>
    >> Thanks

    As stated, if it is 915GM chipset (with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator)
    then use the Intel drivers.

    --
    >I know what chipset I have, it's the Intel graphics chipset, my question is
    >still unanswered
    >

    > "Sleepless in Seattle" <jonah@guest.com> wrote in message
    >> The Dell Latitude D610 with 915PM express chipset has an ATI Radeon X300
    >> graphics adapter (PCI-Express bus).
    >>
    >> The Dell Latitude D610 with 915GM express chipset has an integrated Intel
    >> graphics adapter.
    >>
    >> Only you can know the version of the D610 that you have. If it is 915GM
    >> then use the Intel drivers.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jonah
    >> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >>>I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
    >>>www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says
    >>>
    >>> Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel®
    >>> chipsets. This is not to be used if the system has a third party
    >>> graphics card.
    >>>
    >>> So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these
    >>> drivers?
    >>>
    >>> Thanks

    That wasn't my question, but nevermind

    > As stated, if it is 915GM chipset (with Intel Graphics Media Accelerator)
    > then use the Intel drivers.
    >
    > --
    > Jonah
    > "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message
    >>I know what chipset I have, it's the Intel graphics chipset, my question
    >>is still unanswered
    >>

    >> "Sleepless in Seattle" <jonah@guest.com> wrote in message
    >>> The Dell Latitude D610 with 915PM express chipset has an ATI Radeon X300
    >>> graphics adapter (PCI-Express bus).
    >>>
    >>> The Dell Latitude D610 with 915GM express chipset has an integrated
    >>> Intel graphics adapter.
    >>>
    >>> Only you can know the version of the D610 that you have. If it is 915GM
    >>> then use the Intel drivers.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jonah
    >>> "Clayton" <claytonbNOSPAM@xtra.co.nz> wrote in message

    Thanks Peter

    >& install Hi,
    >
    > Intel just give you the warning that if you are using another vedio card
    > other than the on-board Intel vedio chips, don't download the intel vedio
    > drivers.
    > So if your laptop is using Intel GMA900 chipset, you can download the
    > latest
    > drivers from Intel. However, the latest GMA 900 drivers may not be WHQL, I
    > would suggest you to download the WHQL drivers from Dell.
    >
    > --
    > Peter
    >

    > "Clayton" wrote:
    >
    >> I have a Dell Latitude D610 with a Intel Graphics adapter, I went to
    >> www.intel.com to download the latest graphics drivers and it says
    >>
    >> Installs drivers for the integrated graphics controller of Intel®
    >> chipsets.
    >> This is not to be used if the system has a third party graphics card.
    >>
    >> So does Dell have a thrid party graphics card? or can I use these
    >> drivers?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Drivers Graphics Cards Dell Graphics Windows XP