USB problems

I am having problems with the USB ports on my PC, when I attach a USB
drive it keeps diconnecting and reconnecting randomly. I can use the
drive but it disconnect at anytime corrupting files etc...

I have been searching for info on this for a while but haven't found a
solution yet.

Any information in helping me solve this is appreciated.

Sounds like a defective cable or a loose connection. Try a
different cable and port.

"Eugene Vital" <dontwantany@news.com> wrote in message
| I am having problems with the USB ports on my PC, when I
attach a USB
| drive it keeps diconnecting and reconnecting randomly. I
can use the
| drive but it disconnect at anytime corrupting files etc...
|

| I have been searching for info on this for a while but
haven't found a
| solution yet.
|

| Any information in helping me solve this is appreciated.

Pull the cable and slightly pinch the business end. This will make a
tighter fit to your port. It worked for me!

Mike

The first thing you should consider is physical damage to the USB connector
on your device or the USB ports on your computer. Other, less likely
possibilities:

1. Open Device Manager...are there yellow exclamation points or red 'X'es
beside your USB device or USB ports?
2. Are you using a very early USB device that may not be compatible with XP?
3. Is your computer affected by a virus or other malware?

Modem Ani