K7V Dragon Plus! Max CPU question?

Question for ya.. if I have the above MB..and it supports a 266 FSB
cpu... Would it support a XP2500 Mobile which is a 266 FSB CPU? The
Web site says a 2100 Throughbred or palimino. But I was hoping we
could "fudge" it a bit and give this aging board a bit more life...

I am running a XP 1700 now

Thanks!

Rob

no

--
Jose Rivera, MCP
Event Horizon Computers

"Rob P." <rjpear@zoominternet.net> wrote in message
> Question for ya.. if I have the above MB..and it supports a 266 FSB
> cpu... Would it support a XP2500 Mobile which is a 266 FSB CPU? The
> Web site says a 2100 Throughbred or palimino. But I was hoping we
> could "fudge" it a bit and give this aging board a bit more life...
>
> I am running a XP 1700 now
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

that would a waste of a good cpu, its can run 400 fsb so look for
boards that can do that, newegg has some for less than $70 but a good
one is around $100; I still run the ol Dragon plus KT266A motherboard
with same cpu as you, does fine for 99% of what I need it to do, but I
understand your wanting to upgrade ~

Rob P. wrote:

>Question for ya.. if I have the above MB..and it supports a 266 FSB
>cpu... Would it support a XP2500 Mobile which is a 266 FSB CPU? The
>Web site says a 2100 Throughbred or palimino. But I was hoping we
>could "fudge" it a bit and give this aging board a bit more life...
>
>I am running a XP 1700 now
>
>Thanks!
>
>Rob

Rob P. typed:

> Question for ya.. if I have the above MB..and it supports a 266 FSB
> cpu... Would it support a XP2500 Mobile which is a 266 FSB CPU? The
> Web site says a 2100 Throughbred or palimino. But I was hoping we
> could "fudge" it a bit and give this aging board a bit more life...
>
> I am running a XP 1700 now
>
> Thanks!
>
> Rob

I've read you can put XP3000 Barton on it. You must have mod applied,
though, and you don't run it on 333, but on 266 and higher multiplier than
it should, so result is the same.