Cotrol hardware install rights

Hi!
Is it possible to control who can install hardware on a XP computer? For
example if you want to stop users from using a USB memory stick but
administrators will be able to do it.

/IceBall

How do I prevent the use of USB Storage Devices in Windows XP?
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBO/tip7000/rh7093.htm

Also see: "Controlling block storage devices on USB buses"
in the following article.

Changes to Functionality in Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack 2
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/winxppro/maintain/sp2otech.mspx#ECAA

--
Carey Frisch
Microsoft MVP

"IceBall" wrote:

| Hi!
| Is it possible to control who can install hardware on a XP computer? For
| example if you want to stop users from using a USB memory stick but
| administrators will be able to do it.
|
| /IceBall

Thanks for the info!
/IceBall