Bliuetooth activity led

July 20, 2004 8:57:15 AM

Does anyone know about how to disable the Bluetooth activity led that is
present on hp Ipaq h2215? It does look nice for a while, but after hours
blinking it starts getting annoying

Thanks in advance

Mario Ferreira
Anonymous
July 20, 2004 8:57:16 AM

Apart from peeling the case and cutting it out (voiding any remaining
warranty you might have had), there's a black permanent marker or
some masking tape you could apply.

~S.

#BOoO7ibEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

Well, I was thinking about a less intrusive way hehe. Hp's "self test"
software does a test in which the bluetooth and charging leds are activated,
even without the unit being connected to a external power source or with a
bluetooth connection going on, so I thought it might be possible to control
those leds by software

Mario Ferreira

"ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Apart from peeling the case and cutting it out (voiding any remaining
> warranty you might have had), there's a black permanent marker or
> some masking tape you could apply.
>

> ~S.
>

> "Mario \"Crusher\" Jr." <crusher@terra.com.br> wrote in news:
> #BOoO7ibEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
>
> > Does anyone know about how to disable the Bluetooth activity led that is
> > present on hp Ipaq h2215? It does look nice for a while, but after hours
> > blinking it starts getting annoying
> >
> > Thanks in advance
> >

> > Mario Ferreira
> >

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
Related resources
July 21, 2004 4:22:37 AM

i want to know if you ever find this out...
also my sony ericsson phone does the same bull$#!@ and they both keep me up
at night and scare my girlfreind.

--
5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com

"Mario "Crusher" Jr." <crusher@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> Well, I was thinking about a less intrusive way hehe. Hp's "self test"
> software does a test in which the bluetooth and charging leds are
activated,
> even without the unit being connected to a external power source or with a
> bluetooth connection going on, so I thought it might be possible to
control
> those leds by software
>

> Mario Ferreira
>

> "ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Apart from peeling the case and cutting it out (voiding any remaining
> > warranty you might have had), there's a black permanent marker or
> > some masking tape you could apply.
> >

> > ~S.
> >

> > "Mario \"Crusher\" Jr." <crusher@terra.com.br> wrote in news:
> > #BOoO7ibEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:
> >
> > > Does anyone know about how to disable the Bluetooth activity led that
is
> > > present on hp Ipaq h2215? It does look nice for a while, but after
hours
> > > blinking it starts getting annoying
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance
> > >

> > > Mario Ferreira
> > >

> > --
> > ======================
> > ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> > OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> > iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> > HTTP://www.xarane.com
> > ======================

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:22:38 AM

James,

I don't think we are the only ones who have complaints about the led. I'll
try getting some answers on hp Ipaq newsgroup also. If I find out anything
about this, I'll post again on this group

Mario Ferreira

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in message
> i want to know if you ever find this out...
> also my sony ericsson phone does the same bull$#!@ and they both keep me
up
> at night and scare my girlfreind.
>
> --
> 5khzgjf9e001@sneakemail.com
>

> "Mario "Crusher" Jr." <crusher@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> > Well, I was thinking about a less intrusive way hehe. Hp's "self test"
> > software does a test in which the bluetooth and charging leds are
> activated,
> > even without the unit being connected to a external power source or with
> > bluetooth connection going on, so I thought it might be possible to
> control
> > those leds by software
> >

> > Mario Ferreira
> >

> > "ACE!!!" <ace_rules_bbs@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Apart from peeling the case and cutting it out (voiding any remaining
> > > warranty you might have had), there's a black permanent marker or
> > > some masking tape you could apply.
> > >

> > > ~S.
> > >

> > > "Mario \"Crusher\" Jr." <crusher@terra.com.br> wrote in news:
> > > #BOoO7ibEHA.212@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl:

> is
> hours

> > > --
> > > ======================
> > > ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> > > OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> > > iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> > > HTTP://www.xarane.com
> > > ======================

Anonymous
July 21, 2004 4:22:38 AM

How about turning your phone off for the night (or just Bluetooth)
when you don't need it?

~S.

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in

> i want to know if you ever find this out...
> also my sony ericsson phone does the same bull$#!@ and they both keep me
> up at night and scare my girlfreind.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
HTTP://www.xarane.com
======================
July 22, 2004 1:03:47 AM

i allways need it. i have it setup to display my caller id on my pc and tv
and i also use my phone for a tivo remote control. i also hate the the damn
light on my phone that blinks. i think its for power or cell reception or
somthin. (sonyericsson t68i). did they not think we would use bluetooth.
did they think it was a little gimic or somthing are they trying to
advertise bluetooth so people go hey whats that pretty blinking light. and
yes i do use the light to check for bluetooth connection cuz it flashs a few
times when it connects but it doesn't need to blink every 3 seconds there
after.

> How about turning your phone off for the night (or just Bluetooth)
> when you don't need it?
>

> ~S.
>

> "James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in
>
> > i want to know if you ever find this out...
> > also my sony ericsson phone does the same bull$#!@ and they both keep me
> > up at night and scare my girlfreind.
> >

> --
> ======================
> ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.
> OS. Osaris / Psion 5mx
> iPAQ 5550 / Nokia 6310
> HTTP://www.xarane.com
> ======================
Anonymous
July 22, 2004 1:03:48 AM

If it's that important to keep it on 24/7, why not get a
black pouch for it and stick the phone in it so the light
is covered. Bluetooth goes through walls so that wouldn't
hinder reception.

~S.

"James" <See.My.Sig@The.Bottom.com> wrote in news:TSALc.734$K31.338
@chiapp18.algx.net:

--
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

its a design flaw thats all im saying... i don't think i can change it on
the phone but what about the ipaq, is there a way to programicly change it?

!