Recommendations for KT333 UP

Last response: in Motherboards
a b V Motherboard
April 27, 2004 11:09:20 PM

I have put together a new computer based on a SY-KT333 Ultra Platinum and it
is performing flawlessly. The specs are:
2600+ AthlonXP 2.13GHz
1 stick 512 Kingston 2700 ValueRam
NVIDIA FX5200 AGP
LiteOn DVD-RW IDE1 Master
LiteOn DVD-Rom IDE2 Master
Mitsumi 7in1 3.5 floppy w/memory card reader (instead of Soyo's Sigma box)
Seagate 80GB hard drive IDE3 Master (Highpoint Controller)
Antec Sonata Case
WindowsXP Pro
I installed the OS and downloaded all available updates except Microsoft's
error notification. I downloaded NVIDIA's newest drivers for my video card.
I updated the Soyo Bios to version 2aa9. I updated the Highpoint 372 driver
to 2.341. I updated the Realtek LAN to 5.611.
I have avoided the VIA updates and I am currently using the native XP
drivers for the VIA chipset. Do any of you believe that the VIA drivers
offer better performance without hurting reliability? I don't have any
prejudice toward the VIA drivers but I would like to hear from you before
"fixing something that is not broken".

Thanks for your advise

More about : recommendations kt333

Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
April 28, 2004 3:15:46 PM

I use the newest VIA chipset drivers, no problem ; I see what you
are getting at, but VIA does tweek those drivers and I bet they are
better than the ancient ones on the XP cd ~

!