setting oder of the NICs

I have a laptop running WinXP Pro (SP2) with an onboard NIC and a Linksys
PCMCIA wireless card. At home, when I start the PC with a network cable
plugged in, the hardwired connection is the primary NIC. All communication
runs thru this NIC, the wireless card is active, but not used. In the
office, starting up in the same fashion, the wireless card becomes the
primary NIC and everything runs thru the wireless (slower) connection even
though the wired connection is present and active.

Can I set which card is always the primary NIC ?

Thanks for your help.

Are you sure the office network or, say, your particular line doesn't run at
10Mbps?

"Mark Lafferty" <mlafferty@corcell.com> wrote in message
>I have a laptop running WinXP Pro (SP2) with an onboard NIC and a Linksys
>PCMCIA wireless card. At home, when I start the PC with a network cable
>plugged in, the hardwired connection is the primary NIC. All communication
>runs thru this NIC, the wireless card is active, but not used. In the
>office, starting up in the same fashion, the wireless card becomes the
>primary NIC and everything runs thru the wireless (slower) connection even
>though the wired connection is present and active.
>
> Can I set which card is always the primary NIC ?
>
> Thanks for your help.

Not sure if this is what you are looking for. In the network connection
properties, advanced menu, advanced settings, change the order of the
adapters.

Kerry