Help with integrated SATA drivers - KT600 plus

I have the KT600 dragon Plus Motherboard and purchased a Maxtor 160GB SATA
drive. I would like to install Windows XP Pro onto the SATA drive, but I do
not have a floppy drive to put the drivers on for the F6 command durring
setup. Is there anyway to get Windows XP to look on the SOYO CD for the
drivers durring install or integrate the drivers into Setup by building a
new Windows XP Pro CD? If so, could someone please give me detailed
instructions on how to do so?
Thanks.
Thomas Jarboe
2 answers Last reply
More about help integrated sata drivers kt600 plus

    Perhaps it would be more expedient to just get a $10 floppy drive even if
    you only use it once?
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.soyo (More info?)

    "Tjarboe" <grayrock@NSccrtc.com> wrote in message news:<109ariu9smm7ud9@corp.supernews.com>...

    No, When using the SATA drive as the boot drive for WinXP you must
    have a floppy drive in order to install the driver for the SATA
    controller. If you were using a IDE hard drive for the boot drive and
    adding the SATA drive as a second drive it would be possible to add
    the driver after XP was installed. But you will need a floppy drive to
    do as you wish to do.

    > I have the KT600 dragon Plus Motherboard and purchased a Maxtor 160GB SATA
    > drive. I would like to install Windows XP Pro onto the SATA drive, but I do
    > not have a floppy drive to put the drivers on for the F6 command durring
    > setup. Is there anyway to get Windows XP to look on the SOYO CD for the
    > drivers durring install or integrate the drivers into Setup by building a
    > new Windows XP Pro CD? If so, could someone please give me detailed
    > instructions on how to do so?
    > Thanks.
    > Thomas Jarboe

SATA Drivers Windows XP Motherboards