Logon to a Domain through a wireless

I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while to
register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain, it
tells me that the domain is not available.

Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right next
to the access point and the connection is strong.

Help

Jasper
3 answers Last reply
More about logon domain wireless

    "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
    > connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while
    > register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain,
    > it
    > tells me that the domain is not available.
    >
    > Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
    > next
    > to the access point and the connection is strong.
    >
    > Help
    >
    > Jasper

    What is your DNS set to? It sounds like you can't find a domain controller.

    Kerry

    It's set to the right DNS server. If I log on locally to the laptop, I am
    able to access the network and internet. It's just when I try to log on the
    domain, I get that error.

    Jasper

    > It's set to the right DNS server. If I log on locally to the laptop, I am
    > able to access the network and internet. It's just when I try to log on
    > the
    > domain, I get that error.

    It's probably something to do with authentication settings. Try reading
    through this link and see if anything helps.

    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx

    Kerry

    > Jasper
    > "Kerry Brown" <kerry@kdbNOSPAMsystems.c*o*m> wrote in message
    >> "Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    >> > I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a
    >> > wireless
    >> > connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a
    >> > while
    >> > register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the
    >> > domain,
    >> > it
    >> > tells me that the domain is not available.
    >> >
    >> > Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
    >> > next
    >> > to the access point and the connection is strong.
    >> >
    >> > Help
    >> >
    >> > Jasper
    >> >

    >> What is your DNS set to? It sounds like you can't find a domain
    > controller.
    >>
    >> Kerry

Wireless Domain Networking Connection Wireless Networking