Logon to a Domain through a wireless

I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while to
register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain, it
tells me that the domain is not available.

Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right next
to the access point and the connection is strong.

Help

Jasper

"Jasper Recto" <jrecto99@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem logging on to our company domain through a wireless
> connection. I was able to add myself on to the domain. It took a while
> register itself but it worked. Now, when I try to log on to the domain,
> it
> tells me that the domain is not available.
>
> Any ideas why I can't log on to my company domain? I'm standing right
> next
> to the access point and the connection is strong.
>
> Help
>
> Jasper

What is your DNS set to? It sounds like you can't find a domain controller.

Kerry

It's set to the right DNS server. If I log on locally to the laptop, I am
able to access the network and internet. It's just when I try to log on the
domain, I get that error.

Jasper

> It's set to the right DNS server. If I log on locally to the laptop, I am
> able to access the network and internet. It's just when I try to log on
> the
> domain, I get that error.

It's probably something to do with authentication settings. Try reading
through this link and see if anything helps.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/wififaq.mspx

Kerry