Vizio All-in-One PCs, Notebooks Arrive This Month

Status
Not open for further replies.

thillntn

Distinguished
Apr 14, 2010
I am a bit skeptical of how durable these laptops will be, but they are proven in the display market and make good products; so I will be looking at them closely when my laptop is ready to be replaced :).

molo9000

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2010
[citation][nom]inthere[/nom]It the res is 2560x1440 it's gonna kill the iMac.[/citation]

Dell wants $900 for a 27" Ultrasharp monitor using the same display panel as the iMac. Vizio can't sell a complete all-in-one with a display of that quality for only $200 more.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]inthere[/nom]It the res is 2560x1440 it's gonna kill the iMac.[/citation]

The 27" iMac has the same rez. Kinda hard to predict what a product that nobody has used will do. ;-)

Mmmm...more Vizio products I won't be buying. My heart was broken forever by the horrible response time of their 32" passive 3D TV...thank goodness for Amazon's no-questions-asked 100% refund policy on TVs. :(

Well, I mean, it was cheap, I guess I should have figured it would be too good to be true. But I sent their tech support sample videos through their crummy uploading service that clearly showed the inverse ghosting and the tech support rep told me he couldn't see what I was talking about...so to heck with their American customer service...bunch of lying cheeseweasels. :fou:

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
I'll hold my anticipation for a larger screen on the laptop end (min. 16" for me). But this could be an interesting step for Vizio. Their products aren't perfect, but they're very good for the money. I am relatively confident the screen will look great, but the question is the rest of the specs and the final price, not to mention durability. I'll give them a chance at least. Not a lot of expectations, but don't disappoint, Vizio.

G

Like the design they are going with ever since I saw the pics at CES.

Wave Fusion

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2011
I've done pretty well with Vizio's TVs, the household is inhabited by five of them. Out of those five, four have a feature particularly valued to me.. variable volume audio out.

This means I can use 2.1 or 5.1 desktop speakers attached directly and not bother with home theatre receivers or any of that BS. Makes getting high quality sound easy.

They also had a very competitive dual band router out for a time.

I have reservations about seeing a computer I like personally, (especially out of Wal-mart) but I might see something I can recommend to a friend.

(still waiting on Haswell/ Radeon 8000 series; notebook or desktop undecided)

rpgplayer

Distinguished
May 27, 2010
I have one of their VTAB1008, for the price point it's an excellent tablet. I've dropped it a few times on concrete and so far not a scratch and no malfunctions. I would definitely buy another Vizio product or recommend a Vizio product to a friend of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.