Mouse has mind od it's own.

April 30, 2005 2:35:39 PM

My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I replaced
it with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard. These were
running OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to suddenly have a
mind of it's own. You could move it left & it could move in any
direction. Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse the cursor
would slowly move around the screen. I replaced the batteries but the
problem continued.

I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware even
though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could not even
get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the machine off
I pressed the reset button.

When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure I
did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different
spyware products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as
to what the problem might have been?

More about : mouse mind

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 2:35:40 PM

I understand that sometimes the video card interferes with the operation on
a wireless mouse.
I have this occassionaly and dont know of a cure.But your seems worse than
mine.
peterk

safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
"Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I replaced it
> with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard. These were running
> OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to suddenly have a mind of
> it's own. You could move it left & it could move in any direction.
> Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse the cursor would slowly move
> around the screen. I replaced the batteries but the problem continued.
>
> I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware even
> though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could not even
> get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the machine off I
> pressed the reset button.
>
> When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure I
> did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different spyware
> products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as to what the
> problem might have been?
April 30, 2005 2:35:40 PM

"Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
> My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I
> replaced it with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard.
> These were running OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to
> suddenly have a mind of it's own. You could move it left & it could
> move in any direction. Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse
> the cursor would slowly move around the screen. I replaced the
> batteries but the problem continued.
>
> I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware
> even though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could
> not even get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the
> machine off I pressed the reset button.
>
> When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure
> I did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different
> spyware products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as
> to what the problem might have been?

They lost sync. Did you notice the buttons on the bottom of the mouse
and on the receiver?

** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.