Mouse has mind od it's own.

My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I replaced
it with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard. These were
running OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to suddenly have a
mind of it's own. You could move it left & it could move in any
direction. Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse the cursor
would slowly move around the screen. I replaced the batteries but the
problem continued.

I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware even
though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could not even
get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the machine off
I pressed the reset button.

When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure I
did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different
spyware products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as
to what the problem might have been?
2 answers Last reply
More about mouse mind

    I understand that sometimes the video card interferes with the operation on
    a wireless mouse.
    I have this occassionaly and dont know of a cure.But your seems worse than
    mine.
    peterk

    safely in an attractive and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in
    sideways, chocolate in one hand, margarita in the other, body thoroughly
    used up, totally worn out and screaming, "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    "Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I replaced it
    > with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard. These were running
    > OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to suddenly have a mind of
    > it's own. You could move it left & it could move in any direction.
    > Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse the cursor would slowly move
    > around the screen. I replaced the batteries but the problem continued.
    >
    > I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware even
    > though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could not even
    > get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the machine off I
    > pressed the reset button.
    >
    > When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure I
    > did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different spyware
    > products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as to what the
    > problem might have been?

    "Videot" <videot@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message
    > My Microsoft cordless wireless mouse died a few weeks back. I
    > replaced it with a new Belkin cordless wireless mouse & keyboard.
    > These were running OK until this morning when the cursor seemed to
    > suddenly have a mind of it's own. You could move it left & it could
    > move in any direction. Sometimes it you didn't even touch the mouse
    > the cursor would slowly move around the screen. I replaced the
    > batteries but the problem continued.
    >
    > I thought that maybe I had picked up either a virus or some spyware
    > even though both are 100% up to date & are run daily. Since I could
    > not even get the mouse to move to the start button so as to turn the
    > machine off I pressed the reset button.
    >
    > When I booted up again everything was back to normal. Just to be sure
    > I did another full system scan of both the anti virus & 2 different
    > spyware products but these turned up nothing. Do you have any ides as
    > to what the problem might have been?

    They lost sync. Did you notice the buttons on the bottom of the mouse
    and on the receiver?

    ** Post your replies to the newsgroup - Share with others **
    For e-mail Reply: remove "DELETE", add "~VN56~" to Subject.

Mice Microsoft Wireless Mouse Windows XP