KT333 no video or beep on boot

seraphim

I know there have been several of these posted here, but none of the
responces helped much, so I was hoping that someone whould have some
ideas.

I have a SOYO-KT333 Ultra (black) with a 2100+ Athlon XP (Thoroughbred)
CPU, and an ASUS V7700 64MB GeForce2 Graphics Card, and a 490Watt PSU.

I belive I have the 2AA6 Bios on this motherboard, There is a very
small chance I have the 2AA5.

When the system turns on I don't get any video, and I don't get any
beeps comming from the speakers. The fans to spin, and the harddisks do
their thing, so there is power flowing into the system.

I've been able to confirm that the speaker does work, so something
funny is going on.

I've attempted the following (and problably other things that I'm not
thinking of):
Switching PSU's
Switching RAM (Tried 3 different sticks)
Switching Video Cards (Tried my 5600 Ultra in my main machine, I was
also able to confirm that the GeForce2 worked in my main machine)
Reseating the CPU
Reseating the video card
Removing the motherboard from the case and attempting a powerup to
check for shorts with the case.
Clearing the CMOS with the jumper

If anyone has some ideas on what I could try I would really appreciate
it if they could mention them.

Seraphim <gme6@cornell.edu> wrote in message news:<Xns94E760D6BAC22gme6cornelledu@132.236.56.8>...
> I know there have been several of these posted here, but none of the
> responces helped much, so I was hoping that someone whould have some
> ideas.
>
> I have a SOYO-KT333 Ultra (black) with a 2100+ Athlon XP (Thoroughbred)
> CPU, and an ASUS V7700 64MB GeForce2 Graphics Card, and a 490Watt PSU.
>
> I belive I have the 2AA6 Bios on this motherboard, There is a very
> small chance I have the 2AA5.
>
> When the system turns on I don't get any video, and I don't get any
> beeps comming from the speakers. The fans to spin, and the harddisks do
> their thing, so there is power flowing into the system.
>
> I've been able to confirm that the speaker does work, so something
> funny is going on.
>
> I've attempted the following (and problably other things that I'm not
> thinking of):
> Switching PSU's
> Switching RAM (Tried 3 different sticks)
> Switching Video Cards (Tried my 5600 Ultra in my main machine, I was
> also able to confirm that the GeForce2 worked in my main machine)
> Reseating the CPU
> Reseating the video card
> Removing the motherboard from the case and attempting a powerup to
> check for shorts with the case.
> Clearing the CMOS with the jumper
>
> If anyone has some ideas on what I could try I would really appreciate
> it if they could mention them.

Only a quick suggestion; try setting your FSB and multiplier values
manually in bios instead of auto/default and see if that helps.

Andy

seraphim

acajka@suscom.net (acajka) wrote in

> Seraphim <gme6@cornell.edu> wrote in message
>> I know there have been several of these posted here, but none of
>> the responces helped much, so I was hoping that someone whould have
>> some ideas.
>>
>> I have a SOYO-KT333 Ultra (black) with a 2100+ Athlon XP
>> (Thoroughbred) CPU, and an ASUS V7700 64MB GeForce2 Graphics Card,
>> and a 490Watt PSU.
>>
>> I belive I have the 2AA6 Bios on this motherboard, There is a very
>> small chance I have the 2AA5.
>>
>> When the system turns on I don't get any video, and I don't get any
>> beeps comming from the speakers. The fans to spin, and the
>> harddisks do their thing, so there is power flowing into the
>> system.
>>
>> I've been able to confirm that the speaker does work, so something
>> funny is going on.
>>
>> I've attempted the following (and problably other things that I'm
>> not thinking of):
>> Switching PSU's
>> Switching RAM (Tried 3 different sticks)
>> Switching Video Cards (Tried my 5600 Ultra in my main machine, I
>> was also able to confirm that the GeForce2 worked in my main
>> machine) Reseating the CPU
>> Reseating the video card
>> Removing the motherboard from the case and attempting a powerup to
>> check for shorts with the case.
>> Clearing the CMOS with the jumper
>>
>> If anyone has some ideas on what I could try I would really
>> appreciate it if they could mention them.
>
> Only a quick suggestion; try setting your FSB and multiplier values
> manually in bios instead of auto/default and see if that helps.

Well, that would require that the system actually POST wouldn't it?

I've also managed to confirm that the CPU is good, so the only real
option left is that there is something wrong with the motherboard,
which really ticks me off, espically as SOYO has been less then swift
in responding to my requests for help.

Seraphim <gme6@cornell.edu> wrote in message news:<Xns94E7E52073DAEgme6cornelledu@132.236.56.8>...
> acajka@suscom.net (acajka) wrote in
>
> > Seraphim <gme6@cornell.edu> wrote in message
> >> I know there have been several of these posted here, but none of
> >> the responces helped much, so I was hoping that someone whould have
> >> some ideas.
> >>
> >> I have a SOYO-KT333 Ultra (black) with a 2100+ Athlon XP
> >> (Thoroughbred) CPU, and an ASUS V7700 64MB GeForce2 Graphics Card,
> >> and a 490Watt PSU.
> >>
> >> I belive I have the 2AA6 Bios on this motherboard, There is a very
> >> small chance I have the 2AA5.
> >>
> >> When the system turns on I don't get any video, and I don't get any
> >> beeps comming from the speakers. The fans to spin, and the
> >> harddisks do their thing, so there is power flowing into the
> >> system.
> >>
> >> I've been able to confirm that the speaker does work, so something
> >> funny is going on.
> >>
> >> I've attempted the following (and problably other things that I'm
> >> not thinking of):
> >> Switching PSU's
> >> Switching RAM (Tried 3 different sticks)
> >> Switching Video Cards (Tried my 5600 Ultra in my main machine, I
> >> was also able to confirm that the GeForce2 worked in my main
> >> machine) Reseating the CPU
> >> Reseating the video card
> >> Removing the motherboard from the case and attempting a powerup to
> >> check for shorts with the case.
> >> Clearing the CMOS with the jumper
> >>
> >> If anyone has some ideas on what I could try I would really
> >> appreciate it if they could mention them.
> >
> > Only a quick suggestion; try setting your FSB and multiplier values
> > manually in bios instead of auto/default and see if that helps.
>
> Well, that would require that the system actually POST wouldn't it?
>
> I've also managed to confirm that the CPU is good, so the only real
> option left is that there is something wrong with the motherboard,
> which really ticks me off, espically as SOYO has been less then swift
> in responding to my requests for help.

In speed reading your post, I mistook your problem for an intermittent
one that is common with these boards. Did you try holding down the insert
key while applying power to see if you can at least get into bios setup?
Also try with one ram stick in the slot furthest away from the cpu socket.

Andy